wild hog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
    Leave the big boars lay but them sows get butchered!!!!
    This. Deal with the sows and little tots only. Also make sure to make a kill without stress. I will not butcher a hog (even the little ones) that have been in a trap for hours or were chased and bayed by dogs.

Comment

Looks fantastic

Comment

Im a professional pork and beef dude. Lol. Them wild ones taste way better than the ones u buy! I just try and kill sows only! O testosterone, also remove any of those brown green alien looking glands!!! Heres my opinion. Trim most of the fat off a wild pig! Soak your meat in ice and apple juice (cheap kind) and u dont have to do this part!!!your binder should be mustard or honey mustard then a sweet dry rub for pork and i like to use alot of brown sugar if im doing the ribs! Smoke on smoker low heat 225-250 almost like a beef brisket and i like to wrap mine with foil at the end and finish it in the oven! Finger licking goodness! I enclosed a pic of a wild cured smoked ham i did! Better than any store
        Only thing I'll add to this is that I inject with beef or chicken broth just to make sure it doesn't dry out.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          I've never had any problem with the taste of wild hogs cooking just like domestic hog.
          Same. My family prefers it over deer. I don't fry any of my wild hog. Deer, its often a must. For my wife. Unless its breakfast sausage.

Comment

I’ll take wild hog over deer any day myself. I think that you’ve already had all of the advice that you need. But try slicing and butterflying the back straps and tender lions and chicken fry just like deer. Season, tenderize with hammer and don’t over cook.

Comment

Check out Jesse Griffiths's book. I really like it.

Comment

yep. The only one I've shot with a bow ran in about a 50 yd circle and died ... minimal stress. A sow, and some of the lightest colored meat you'll find anywhere. No different than domestic to me. Not a trace of wild taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  I’ll take wild hog over deer any day myself. I think that you’ve already had all of the advice that you need. But try slicing and butterflying the back straps and tender lions and chicken fry just like deer. Season, tenderize with hammer and don’t over cook.
                  Yeah but you’re a halfass .. I mean a Coonarse sooo…..
                  Last edited by Bucknaked; 02-16-2023, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
                    make sure you are removing the glands
                    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                      Yeah but you’re a halfass .. I mean a Coonarse sooo…..
                      The seasoning and hammer make anything edible no matter what kind of azz you are.👍👍

Comment

Small ones about 30 lbs. split and smoked whole I inject them with real butter and beef broth cooked @ 220 deg. about 5-6 hrs. with the bigger ones i bone out and make sausage except back straps

Comment

Working...
                        X