No One Does This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No One Does This?

I learned the other day that no one makes left-handed youth stocks for shotguns. You’d think there would be a market for this. But I guess maybe it’s easier to just shim a right-handed stock? Of course as a novice, I didn’t realize shotgun stocks have a cast to them.

Anyone know any good DIY guides on building a left-handed stock? On a teacher’s salary, I’m trying to avoid paying the same amount on fitting my daughter’s shotgun as I did on the shotgun itself.

Just asking the obvious so ignore if you have. Have you confirmed she is left eye dominant or just left handed. If not, there' a possibility she could be left handed and right eye dominant then you'll want her to learn to shoot right handed. Who knows, maybe it will save some hassle too!

Comment

Brileys does stock bending.

Comment

[
        Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
        Just asking the obvious so ignore if you have. Have you confirmed she is left eye dominant or just left handed. If not, there' a possibility she could be left handed and right eye dominant then you'll want her to learn to shoot right handed. Who knows, maybe it will save some hassle too!
        Yes sir. She's right-handed and lol left-eye dominant (like me).

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Brileys does stock bending.
        Do you have a website?

Comment

Alot of the guns come with shims for cast on & cast off. I am left handed & just put the left hand shim in & good to go. You can also shim for up & down to get fit right.

Stock bending is pretty expensive.
          Brileys site is Briley.com
          Last edited by DUKFVR; 03-21-2023, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Scroll down to gunsmithing. https://www.briley.com/

Comment

Briley's and Larry Feland will be your two resources in the Greater Houston area since she has to be left eye dominant, lol! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Alot of the guns come with shims for cast on & cast off. I am left handed & just put the left hand shim in & good to go. You can also shim for up & down to get fit right.

Stock bending is pretty expensive.
                Brileys site is Briley.com
                Hers didn't come with shims. I bought an economical Yildiz Lineage. Looks like my only option is to pony up and spend some $. Thanks.

Edit*
                I just looked and stock bending is only $150. That's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
                Last edited by donpablo; 03-22-2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                  Briley's and Larry Feland will be your two resources in the Greater Houston area since she has to be left eye dominant, lol! Good luck!
                  Felands is where I would start.

BP

Comment

That yildiz is probably neutral cast.

Comment

Working...
                    X