Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little help tuning

Here's my backup setup:
    Mathews Ultra2 (Lime Green riser, black limbs)
    60 lb limbs maxed out
    HT2 350 spine arrows cut to 28"

I currently have 125 grain heads on the arrows to increase their weight (and maybe help with a possible overspining issue).

I don't have any heavier carbons that I can switch to to add more weight and my 2413 aluminums will not shoot out of the wb.

My problem is that after centering the sight and rest with the string my arrows consistently hit to the left. Is there a way to tell if I am torquing or if my arrows are truly overspined?

I am also a little concerned it may be a form issue that my Outback has been hiding with its more forgiving brace height.

Not able to paper tune...

Any and all advice welcome (just try to stay away from the Whisker Biscuit bashing and the "Hoyts...Bowtechs...etc don't have that problem" posts).
    Last edited by 23wyatt; 10-19-2012, 09:09 AM.

Are your broadheads hitting left of field points? Or your field points are just hitting left with the sight, rest, and string lined up? If that's the case, just move your sight to the left. If it's the broadheads hitting left of field points, move your rest to the right a bit.

Comment

try this.... put a line on your taget and at 9 ft shoot at the line. move your SIGHT to get poi on the line. now move back to 20yds. shoot a group at a dot. correct for misses with your rest. now go back to 9 ft and adjust sight, and then back to 20yds and move rest until you are dead on. this gets center shot perfect. if youre still having a issue getting fp and bhs hit the same then you have a yoke issue and need to press and twist one side or the other to bring the fps and bhs together

Comment

check to make sure you don't have idler lean issues.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          check to make sure you don't have idler lean issues.
          Best approach to test this?

Comment

Why do you have everything in line with your string? Your rest will be outside of center, and your pins should be used to align your shot. Moving our rest to where it needs to be will bring the shots back to the right some, and then you can adjust your pins to finish it.

THEN try a walk back tune and see if it is better, making the appropriate small adjustment if necessary. Your form has nothing to do with it yes, until you set your center shot correctly and adjust your pins accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by 23wyatt View Post
              Best approach to test this?
              At full draw with an arrow nocked. Have somebody stand behind you and look at it.

Comment

Working...
              X