Feeder fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder fence

I'm going to build a 30x 30 fence around my feeder just to keep some horses out. I've got 39" field fence I picked up at work(ill see about putting it off the ground a bit for extra height). I really wanna do this as cheap and easy as possible because it may be moving next year. Do y'all think I can get away with t-post every 6 feet or do y'all think I need to concrete some posts. It's doesn't need to be extremely tight just enough to keep old horses moving along some place else. Ideas/recommendations?

As long as the t-post are set in the ground good I don't think you'll have an issue.

Comment

make the fence in a circle, that way the horses will walk around and they will give up after going in circles. Keep in mind that you do not want the fence to be so small that the feed is slung outside of the fence. t-posts every 6 ft will be fine also.

Comment

30X30 ain't very big.

You want to make it large enough to where when the deer are in there, they aren't right on top of eachother. Tuff to get a shot off.

And all my feeders will throw alot farther than 30 feet. So you would still have the horses standing around eating the corn outside the pen.

Comment

I just built a 30x30 pen.
          Next one will probably be more like 45x45.
          Just looks a little small.

Comment

if you don't have an issue with pigs then I'd make it as big as I could stand . . . . barb wire is fairly cheap . . . tposts a bit more but heck it's still cheaper then using panel.

Comment

I use rebar instead of tpost, cheaper and easier to drive into the ground. I also build mine in a circle with 9 16' panels which makes it almost 46' across.

Comment

Good luck! 6 ft should be good.

Comment

If its just for horses use barbed wire. Horses won't push on it like cows. They have thin skin. All you need is two strands also. Horses can't duck under very well. Good luck.

Comment

T-post will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JSAPP
                      If its just for horses use barbed wire. Horses won't push on it like cows. They have thin skin. All you need is two strands also. Horses can't duck under very well. Good luck.
                      yep horses are easy to keep out.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                        X