South Llano River State Park Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Llano River State Park Hunt

I got selected for the TPWD drawn hunt for the South Llano State Park Nov 4-7. Can anyone give me some information as far as best places to hunt there, things I may need to bring, etc.... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Plenty of ammunition and try to hunt down by the river

Comment

What are you hunting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guy I work with killed 4 axis and 2 whitetail on a two day hunt there a few years ago

Comment

I can shoot 3 animals. (WT, Axis, Blackbuck) gun only.

Comment

Corn and deer pellets and a sharp knife

Comment

Me and a buddy killed 6 WT and 8 axis on a 2 day hunt there. Screened skinning shed and a walk in cooler there

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                Me and a buddy killed 6 WT and 8 axis on a 2 day hunt there. Screened skinning shed and a walk in cooler there
                Thanks, I'm hoping they up our limits

Comment

Originally posted by Off in the Wood View Post
                  Thanks, I'm hoping they up our limits
                  I think you might be misunderstanding the limits. You can shoot 3 whitetail deer. Unlimited exotics.

Comment

Nice, good luck. Should be prime time or really close to it.

Comment

Anyone else heading down for the exotic hunt tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Off in the Wood View Post
                        I got selected for the TPWD drawn hunt for the South Llano State Park Nov 4-7. Can anyone give me some information as far as best places to hunt there, things I may need to bring, etc.... Any help would be greatly appreciated
                        Take you a bale or two of alfalfa hay for the axis

Comment

Congrats on the draw. Not sure why I never draw anything in Texas, some of these categories have over 20 years of points. No advice here because I never get to go.

Comment

If you want axis hunt down by the river.

My two sons both shot nice whitetails.

Both shot them where nobody really wanted to go which is up on the east side near the fence line. There are two trails called Fawn Trail. If you look on a map, you will see one that goes along the eastern portion from the walk-in camping to the south. It intersects another trail marked as Fawn Trail coming from the West. There is also a trail that the map shows is 0.5 miles off of the East/West Fawn Trail (running North and South). There is a blind off of that 0.5 trail in a bowl. Grab it if you can. When we went nobody wanted to make the effort to go back there. More whitetails than you can shake a stick at.

The other thing we did was use Orange Corn. First time we used it and it worked fantastic. I think we shot four that trip total between both boys.
                            Last edited by wellingtontx; 10-28-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Trotline, some nice yellow cats in the river.

Comment

Working...
                              X