• Show
Clear All

Out of the oven time to taste test
    Attached Files

Comment

It is a keeper. This stuff is good.
      Attached Files

Comment

Be careful making this. I made this back in January and got volunteered as camp chef. Its gooooooooooooooood!

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          Out of the oven time to taste test
          That looks dang good!

Comment

I'll be adapting this to my Dutch Oven for Breakfast on Friday morning at GRXH. I was going to make MMB but I think I'll use the hash browns and make this one instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              I'll be adapting this to my Dutch Oven for Breakfast on Friday morning at GRXH. I was going to make MMB but I think I'll use the hash browns and make this one instead.
              That will be good. Better bring a big dutch oven LOL

Comment

That will be good. Better bring a big dutch oven LOL
                I always bring the big ovens for GRXH; lots of hungry hunters on this trip! It is downright amazing how much food one can cook in a Colonial Oven. I can pretty well feed 18-20 people out of a 10 and 12 quart oven.

But yea, Colonial Ovens I have no shortage of!

Comment

This is a great recipe! I was going to add hash browns as well but I forgot to put them in; it turned out great anyway! We fed about 20 people with this on Friday morning at the GRXH. We made up a 10 and a deep 12 Dutch Oven worth of it!

Yes, that's bacon in there as well!

Comment

This is a great recipe! I was going to add hash browns as well but I forgot to put them in; it turned out great anyway! We fed about 20 people with this on Friday morning at the GRXH. We made up a 10 and a deep 12 Dutch Oven worth of it!

Yes, that's bacon in there as well!

Looks Good!

Comment

Looks Good!
                      That's the big one BTW:
                      2 pounds of sausage and bacon, two packages of gravy and 1 dozen eggs!

Comment

That's the big one BTW:

2 pounds of sausage and bacon, two packages of gravy and 1 dozen eggs!

Details on how you did it in the Dutch oven please! May have to strike a match at the shop and cook it for my guys next week.

Comment

Cook up the sausage and bacon, cut the bacon into bite sized pieces.

Cut the biscuits into 1 inch pieces and line the bottom leaving a slight gap between each piece.

Put the sausage on the biscuits and the bacon on the sausage.

Cheese.

Beat the eggs and pour over everything.

Cheese.

Mix the gravy but don't cook it, pour it over the everything.

250-275° for 45 minutes to an hour, 2/3 of the heat on top (or you will burn the biscuits). Check and rotate every 15 minutes.

My biscuits where a little over cooked on the bottom, too much heat on the bottom; and I went 50/50. We just didn't eat the black parts! :-)
                          Last edited by Rat; 02-23-2016, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post

Amazing once again. This stuff doesn't get old
                            Never. I could eat this every day. My Yearly blood work would not like.

Comment

I made this this weekend and it was amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

It is a keeper. This stuff is good.
                                Can I have the Other End? Glad you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X