Bipod reviews? What do you recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bipod reviews? What do you recommend

Looking to purchase a bipod to put on a ruger Americana hunting rifle. What brand, model would you recommend and why? Which ones to stay away from?

Important factors: weight, reliability, ease of use

I like the atlas, But it’s really pricey IMO. I put my hands on a magpul and I was very impressed with it. I think that’s what I’m putting on my ruger American

Comment

I put a UTG on my AR and i like it.

Comment

I buy the amazon harris clone for my throw around hunting guns .. just make sure whatever you get is the swivel kind, and preferably the ones with the throw lever so they are easy to tighten up .. i wouldn't bother with the non swivel a sthe ground is almost never level in hunting situations . harris are about 3 + times the price with slightly better springs ... but unless you shoot a heavy gun long range , you probably wouldn't notice the difference .. then the price goes up.. atlas, etc ..

didn't care much for the magpul i tried , just didn't feel firm enough for me ..

Comment

I have a UTG and a Magpul. I prefer the Magpul of the two.

Comment

I prefer Warne but it might cost more than that gun.

Comment

I bought a Harris in 1991. Love it. No problems. Lots of use. Currently on its third rifle. I got the long one that can extend so that I can shoot from a sitting position over "tall" grass. Seldom shoot prone, but have plenty of times and works fine. Doesn't swivel but has seldom been an issue, the few times it has was while calling coyotes. Can fairly quickly adapt for slopes because twist lock on each leg adjustable. Excellent for stalking open country by just picking up rifle and setting it down while crawling. Any brand would serve that purpose. Easy off/on with just a quarter. Wouldn't recommend it for big and tall guys, or any bipod for that matter.

I don't leave home without it.

Comment

I just bought one, Harris. It extends as well so I can sit and also use it on a decline in front of me. Seems sturdy enough and its decently light.

Comment

I’ve got Harris bipods on my pair of Ruger American Predators. I’ve had zero issues with those while hunting or long range shooting. I had a Caldwell that was built similar to the Harris but it seemed to have trouble staying attached to the sling stud. I couldn’t ever figure out why it kept working itself loose. I switched to the Harris and haven’t had any problems since.

Comment

I've had Harris over the years, caldwell, have 1 atlas and a magpul.

Love the magpul and plan to switch all my hunting rifles to it. To me it's not the best at anything but the best combo of weight performance and price.

I've used it in the field to 600 yards with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I have used most everything over the years and must say that the Swagger Bipods are the best for calling that I have ever used. I realize that calling is different as you don't know from where your target will appear and if coyotes, you need to be able to adjust quickly as they are generally moving. I will admit that they do look clunky on your rifle...
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

For the Ruger American just get a Harris 1A2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Short swivel Harris.

Had the atlas and others and still go back to the Harris. If I didn’t care about what I spent on another option I’d likely try the Thunderbeast. Just no reason to not use Harris really. Could change the feet to claws if desired too.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                            Looking to purchase a bipod to put on a ruger Americana hunting rifle. What brand, model would you recommend and why? Which ones to stay away from?

Important factors: weight, reliability, ease of use
                            You left out what type of hunting and budget. You can shoot prone or in the sitting position. Can spend $39 or $390.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                              For the Ruger American just get a Harris 1A2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This right here. No reason to do anything more than that for a Ruger American. I have Atlas and GG&G but wouldn't even think of using them on a hunting rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X