6.5 Grendel advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel advice

I'm thinking about a new rifle for my wife and came across a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel at my local gun shop. Load data for the 120 grain bullets didn't really impress me, but the 100 grain loads would probably be pretty good deer killers.
    Anyone have a bolt action grendel? What bullet weights are you using, terminal performance, etc.

Primary use would be deer and pigs at ranges up to about 200 yards is about her max range.

Her current rifle is a Ruger Hawkeye in 22-250 and she shoots 50 grain Barnes TTSX handloads through it pretty well, but I'd kinda like to see her have something with a little more bullet weight.

Love my Grendel, and I agree with your thinking. More bullet weight is a good thing, and the recoil isn't bad at all.

Comment

Shot deer and hogs with grendel, no problems. Lot of thermal hog hunters use the grendel. You won’t go wrong except finding ammo like everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
        Shot deer and hogs with grendel, no problems. Lot of thermal hog hunters use the grendel. You won’t go wrong except finding ammo like everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I'll probably handload for it if I can find components. What bullet weight is everyone using?

Comment

I am shooting a cz Grendel it is a great shooting rifle and it loves the 123 gr SST ! nothing has gotten up from it !

Comment

I shoot both sst's and eldm 123gr. Both killers of hogs and deer.

Comment

I have the cz and it shoots great. Using 123 gr federal, 8 year old son killed his first deer last season with it, 75 yds she went 30 and piled up. Great blood. I shot a doe at 250, in the shoulder dropped in tracks. Great round, probably will get more use than any other rifle I have.

Comment

120 or 123 gr you'll be good to go.

Comment

I think I read that you can load the bolt action Grendels a little hotter for more speed. It’s hard to beat the Nosler 120gr Ballistic Tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant go wrong with Grendel. I have it is AR platform and shoots and performs really well!!
                    Shooting hornady black 123. Have shot deer, hogs and Javi’s and all DRT out to 300 yards.

Comment

Working...
                    X