supercharged tundras..anyone done it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharged tundras..anyone done it

I am considering buying the kit from Magnuson... I have a friend that is a Yoda dealer gets all kind of discounts and the install looks relatively straight forward.

For those that have done it what HP increase real life did you see.. I have seen the advertised numbers just want some feedback from those that have done it.

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    I am considering buying the kit from Magnuson... I have a friend that is a Yoda dealer gets all kind of discounts and the install looks relatively straight forward.

For those that have done it what HP increase real life did you see.. I have seen the advertised numbers just want some feedback from those that have done it.
    Not I but when my buddies son came back from Iraq, he did his
    GMC 1500 fast but no bueno with a lifted truck
    looked up the Toyota Spec’s and mods It bumped into 500+HP
    “ The truck started out as an unassuming red Tundra SR5 vehicle. From there, TRD added not only the supercharger ($5875) but also a dual-exhaust system ($1065) and a “big-brake kit” with 16-inch cross-drilled front rotors and six-piston calipers ($2795). The rest of the transformation came courtesy of performance-tuned front and rear shocks, revised front coil and rear leaf springs, and a new rear anti-roll bar ($1464), plus forged and polished 22-inch TRD wheels wrapped in massive 285/35 performance rubber ($4699). In total, the truck wound up lowered by 2.0 inches up front and 2.5 inches in the back”

Comment

Not I but when my buddies son came back from Iraq, he did his
      GMC 1500 fast but no bueno with a lifted truck
      looked up the Toyota Spec’s and mods It bumped into 500+HP
      “ The truck started out as an unassuming red Tundra SR5 vehicle. From there, TRD added not only the supercharger ($5875) but also a dual-exhaust system ($1065) and a “big-brake kit” with 16-inch cross-drilled front rotors and six-piston calipers ($2795). The rest of the transformation came courtesy of performance-tuned front and rear shocks, revised front coil and rear leaf springs, and a new rear anti-roll bar ($1464), plus forged and polished 22-inch TRD wheels wrapped in massive 285/35 performance rubber ($4699). In total, the truck wound up lowered by 2.0 inches up front and 2.5 inches in the back”

Comment

You will blow the motor. It's not built for the extra boost and will come apart.

Cold air intake and headers with the correct exhaust system helps a lot.............

Comment

Do it!

Comment

I work with a guy that had his done.... truck was a beast! Hard to keep the tires from breaking loose.

Comment

I got all i can handle with my 5.7.............lol! Sounds interesting, following!

Comment

Better look into proper cooling needs & rev limits with such added boost...

Comment

The kit comes w added small radiator to mount up front for the extra cooling of the supercharger.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    Better look into proper cooling needs & rev limits with such added boost...
                    Good ideas. With this one it's a TRD branded (made by Magnusson) charger with an ECU flash from Toyota.
                    I toyed with the idea when I drove my Tundra but never pulled the trigger. Now toying with the idea of charging my 4Runner.

Comment

Its been a few years but my old ins. agent bought one in Montana that was done by Toyota. Truck was a beast! Spun 35's without an issue. IIRC, he sold it with around 150k miles on it. I say go for it with the understanding that once you start tinkering with a vehicle it becomes a pay to play game. Something will break at some point.

Comment

The kit comes w added small radiator to mount up front for the extra cooling of the supercharger.
                        I would do some added research & see if there is a Tundra forum with hands on advice with your project...several chaps on camaro6 have tried to duplicate their SS by turning it into a Camaro ZL1 with various problems. For that platform it wasn't just adding the Eaton blower & extra cooling. By the time they succeeded there was a realization they should have just ponied up for the real deal. Turns out there was more between the two than a blower & cooler to keep the temps down.

Comment

Look up Tundradude34 on Youtube. He has one and I believe has the videos from install.

Comment

how does the transmission/tq converter handle the added power?

Comment

once you go fast, you gotta slow down too.

Comment

Working...
                              X