No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only caught one crappie on a jig Saturday afternoon/evening. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_143920.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24648541Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_143925.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	24648542

Wouldn't fit in my checker!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Dang Todd, missing a $13, 000 fish is tough. You’ll have to tell that boy to start saving his pennies !

Comment

Lake O the Pines is pumping them out right now. Great time to be a guide
        Click image for larger version

Name:	BE71F82B-E9F9-4759-BCAB-00FE6F7BC2A1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	24648545

Name:	D2494C54-19F4-444B-B2A2-F1D766D98CEC.jpg
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	24648546

Name:	F5899254-1629-4A28-A758-DC159EED315B.jpg
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	24648547

Comment

Congrats to the Crappie Anglers of Texas Crappiefest winners, especially little slew!

Comment

I'm tired of the wind!! Last 2 trips have been a struggle IMO. That said my struggles are lots of folks great days! Places that were full of fish 2days ago were void of fish! That's this time of year. Bring on May and June and shorts and flip flop weather!

Comment

Anyone ever fish Turtle Bayou for Crappie near Anahuac? I live about 5 minutes from Whites park and thinking about slipping my 22ft bay boat in there and trying to get back into Crappie fishing a little since I live so close and give the trout and redfish a little break here and there. Thanks for any info

Comment

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                I only caught one crappie on a jig Saturday afternoon/evening. [ATTACH]1045082[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1045083[/ATTACH]

Wouldn't fit in my checker!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Funny, exact same happened to me a couple week back.

Comment

Anybody crappie fishing Granbury right now? I'd buy gas and beer for somebody to come give me a beginner's tutorial. We can even take my boat.

Zig zagged the lake from the dam up to 377 bridge looking for striper last night and got skunked. They weren't where I found them on Saturday. No wind, no birds, no fish. Time to change target species I think.

Never really focused on crappie. Last good catch for me was in college when I'd sink the Christmas tree under my parent's dock on Brownwood every year. We'd sit on that dock and light'em up this time of year. Never have crappie fished from a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                    Funny, exact same happened to me a couple week back.
                    Man yall can't be putting these kinda fish on here [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ran a group trip with my podnuh today on Fork! Good day! The 4 of em left with 4 gallon bags of fillets and several fish over 2 pounds.

Comment

Hoping to get out with the kids in the morning on Waco. Hope this cool front didn't shut them down. Ready for some shallow action.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                          Anybody crappie fishing Granbury right now? I'd buy gas and beer for somebody to come give me a beginner's tutorial. We can even take my boat.

Zig zagged the lake from the dam up to 377 bridge looking for striper last night and got skunked. They weren't where I found them on Saturday. No wind, no birds, no fish. Time to change target species I think.

Never really focused on crappie. Last good catch for me was in college when I'd sink the Christmas tree under my parent's dock on Brownwood every year. We'd sit on that dock and light'em up this time of year. Never have crappie fished from a boat.
                          I’ve lived on Granbury for right at 20 years. The crappie will be in 1’to 3’ of water soon, if they are not there already. I pitch a jig about 12”/16” under a cork. I’ve been out of town for nearly a month, can’t wait to get after them. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            Lake O the Pines is pumping them out right now. Great time to be a guide

[ATTACH]1045095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1045096[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1045097[/ATTACH]
                            God almighty look at them slabs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Water temp dropped 8* since last Saturday. All males except one female. Biggest went 1.7. Quality but not quantity today on waco. They should be good next weekend!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah it slowed way down for us also. Cool front and wind. Only ended up with 6 keepers this morning.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X