Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amber alert will scare the hell out of every deer in the county.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small price to pay. Imagine turning it off and then seeing it on the news the next morning after running into the bad guy at a truck stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Small price to pay. Imagine turning it off and then seeing it on the news the next morning after running into the bad guy at a truck stop.
      You'll still see the alert. You just won't have the tornado alert siren go off

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        I just check them to see if a Silver Alert comes out and I gotta come look for you or Burnadell
        Gee thanx, I appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
          Sux to ruin a hunt but if the right person hears it, it could be a life saver.
          Agreed

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Agreed. If it was my kid, I’d be grateful for anyone paying attention. The alerts are bothersome, but when you stop to think about why they’re issued in the first place, it’s tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Again, agreed

I haven't pictures of folks, most times no description.

Guys,

I agree whole hardily agree about the seriousness of the alerts and am not downplaying them.

I just did not know it would sound the alarm with it on mute or vibrate. I will be turning it off when I get to the deer stand and turn it back on when I leave.

Comment

Had a buddy over to pick up a gun the other day & he had an AE go off from Houston or Austin...no other phones went off. We all have the same area code # & carrier??

Comment

I turn it off on my phone. If they wouldn't send them statewide, I'd probably leave it on. But I have zero chance of helping in all the alerts in El Paso and Houston, etc. Seems like they could make them local, the way they do with weather alerts.

Comment

Mine are all off as well. I have all my alerts and anything that makes noise turned off and I dont even hunt much. I just hate hearing electronics make noise.

Comment

Plus...Amber seems very irresponsible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Scared the crap out of me an hour before daylight one morning. Turned that crap off in my iphone and have not heard one since!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This one just came across. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210327-101233_Wireless emergency alerts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	24648464

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

This one just came across. [ATTACH]1044898[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
                        Got that in a meeting this morning , been turning off the alerts
                        Maybe keep the weather alert on

Comment

Working...
                        X