Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It everywhere
    Man’s arrest highlights ongoing problem with catalytic converter thefts
    San Antonio police have arrested a man in connection with a type of crime that appears to be trending in this area. He is accused of stealing catalytic converters from cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Just talked to a guy in autotheft. They hit a local toyota dealership. Crook cut 33 trucks in one night. The onsite security guard drove his golf cart by while the **** was under a truck.
      Time for a new guard

Comment

Need to hold the shops/yards that are rewarding these guys to a higher standard, to where they implement some process of vetting certain "theft-prone" items to at least try to work towards ensuring they aren't just buying stolen goods. De-incentivize the crooks a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          It's not only your house where they are getting them. Hopefully your concrete, fence and dogs are mobile.

OP...this is where I am leaning. Desert Eagle Offroad Transmissions has a transmission skid plate. They are actually right down the street from me.

Desert eagle off-road transmission skid plate install ***Very long read, review and install.*** Tundra transmission skid plates with catalytic...

DEOR's FB page... https://www.facebook.com/DesertEagleOffroad
          Cell: 214-287-8960

This...

Comment

Catalytic convertor shield

It’s very simple. Make catalytic converters illegal to scrap like railroad tracks.

I came across a giant pile of cut up rail road track before. 1,000’s of dollars in steel weight. Everyone I called wouldn’t take anything to do with railroads. It’s still sitting in that pasture.
            Last edited by FLASH_OUTDOORS; 03-24-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              It’s very simple. Make catalytic converters illegal to scrap like railroad tracks.

I came across a giant pile of cut up rail road track before. 1,000’s of dollars in steel weight. Everyone I called wouldn’t take anything to do with railroads. It’s still sitting in that pasture.
              That is the same ideology of making guns illegal

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Just talked to a guy in autotheft. They hit a local toyota dealership. Crook cut 33 trucks in one night. The onsite security guard drove his golf cart by while the **** was under a truck.
                I bet that guard ain't getting paid enough to confront a thief. If the guard wasn't in on it...

Comment

They been catching a few here locally, scum.

Last night, in NW Harris County, 4 individuals attempted to flee during a traffic stop. All were quickly apprehended. Harris County Sheriff's deputies along with Precinct 4 Constables recovered 32 fresh stolen catalytic converters.  In addition over $14,500 in cash was recovered.  Catalytic converte
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    That is the same ideology of making guns illegal
                    Not even close to the same thing. If the converters arent attached to the vehicle that they came on, with the title, then they shouldnt be able to buy/sell them without some form of documentation (which would cover the legal replacement at muffler shops, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post

http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...onverter-bust/
                      Saw that.

Not sure why the txtk shirt is in the photos. Probably Hermann trying to stake claim to work he didn't do. Again.

There was over 100 arrests during the street race and a few cars seized. At least one tricked GTR and a lime green challenger

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This should work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                          Just talked with the guy in Chew’s post. $330 tyd. About a two week lead time. Protects all four cats. Plug and play install.

Daaaaang that’s low ...[emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

Chew ain’t nowhere as good lookin’ as me.[emoji12][emoji15][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Daaaaang that’s low ...[emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

Chew ain’t nowhere as good lookin’ as me.[emoji12][emoji15][emoji23]
                            Sorry. Brain fart. Acquired skill with age.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post

http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...onverter-bust/
                              They should just hang those two, the rest will move on to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                                Sorry. Brain fart. Acquired skill with age.

No worries....Ol Chew is aight..

I called him as well. $280 picked up....$300 installed. Said Biden's admin has made steel jump. I guess its worth $20 to let him get under my truck and do it.... Last I saw in 2020 it was $220...
                                Last edited by Smart; 03-24-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X