New pool? Sloped property...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
    Did you end up building your pool? We are in the same situation with exact slope of land that you described.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    He’s a pool builder now!

Comment

We got a quote for 75K and then we started looking harder and found a guy that would put the pool in for 30K. Came with a diving board, 3 water features, splash pad and patio around the entire pool. Don't pay those outrageous prices if you can keep from it.

Comment

Did you end up building your pool? We are in the same situation with exact slope of land that you described.

We ended up selling that house and buying a bigger home that already had a 3 year old pool. I actually went to work for a custom pool builder 6 months after I made this thread and now I run the company. It was a great move and has been very successful.

We've built several on lake lots with a good slope and almost anything can be done. Retaining walls can drive up the cost quite a bit depending on the exact situation. Also, if the downhill side of the pool will be exposed, it will make your steel and gunite cost higher, as well as the additional cost for whatever finish material that you use for the exterior of the gunite shell that is above grade. We don't build in a particularly hilly area but we do encounter lots with decent slopes from time to time. A good builder will be a must in this situation.

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
        He’s a pool builder now!
        My wife has her a personal pool boy now Bill!

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
          He’s a pool builder now!

Yep! This thread aged really well.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Yep! This thread aged really well.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yep. Crazy what difference a couple years can make Never thought I'd be in the pool business a couple years back when I was working for that fella over in Porter... Wonder whatever happened to that guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              We ended up selling that house and buying a bigger home that already had a 3 year old pool. I actually went to work for a custom pool builder 6 months after I made this thread and now I run the company. It was a great move and has been very successful.

We've built several on lake lots with a good slope and almost anything can be done. Retaining walls can drive up the cost quite a bit depending on the exact situation. Also, if the downhill side of the pool will be exposed, it will make your steel and gunite cost higher, as well as the additional cost for whatever finish material that you use for the exterior of the gunite shell that is above grade. We don't build in a particularly hilly area but we do encounter lots with decent slopes from time to time. A good builder will be a must in this situation.

My wife has her a personal pool boy now Bill!
              Perfect! We are in Splendora....I've got Nelson pools to give us a quote....would you be interested in providing us one as well?

Comment

Yep. Crazy what difference a couple years can make Never thought I'd be in the pool business a couple years back when I was working for that fella over in Porter... Wonder whatever happened to that guy?

I hear he’s doing OK and handsome as ever.

Comment

Sent you a pm.

Comment

Perfect! We are in Splendora....I've got Nelson pools to give us a quote....would you be interested in providing us one as well?

Absolutely. Our office is in New Caney off of Gene Cambell. We build a bunch of pools in Splendora, especially in Rio Vista. I'll send you a PM

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    I hear he’s doing OK and handsome as ever.

Thank goodness he didn't fall victim to that Porter tap water!

Comment

My yard is quite sloped - probably 3'-4' over 30' of distance. Since the back of my house/deck will already be 2' above ground level, I'm just going to put in a high quality above ground pool that can be partial buried on the up-slope side and build a deck up the sides about 1/2 along the pool so it is "ground level". Instead of 75K, I'll be spending about 20K including a very robust deck. I know above-grounds are gauche for most, but it'll work for this redneck. Something like this:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                        My yard is quite sloped - probably 3'-4' over 30' of distance. Since the back of my house/deck will already be 2' above ground level, I'm just going to put in a high quality above ground pool that can be partial buried on the up-slope side and build a deck up the sides about 1/2 along the pool so it is "ground level". Instead of 75K, I'll be spending about 20K including a very robust deck. I know above-grounds are gauche for most, but it'll work for this redneck. Something like this:
                        That is definitely a much cheaper option. That is actually exactly what the people that we sold our old house to did.

Comment

Absolutely. Our office is in New Caney off of Gene Cambell. We build a bunch of pools in Splendora, especially in Rio Vista. I'll send you a PM

Thank goodness he didn't fall victim to that Porter tap water!
                          That's where we live. Do you run Backyard Paradise?

Last edited by hoythunter02; 03-08-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

That's where we live. Do you run Backyard Paradise?

No sir. Don't insult me like that! Custom Luxury Pools is our company. It is owned by my brother-n-law/sister and another bow hunter in Splendora but they both own other businesses too, so I run it for them. My sister has 60 acres at the very back of Rio Vista, at the end of Pecos behind that big gate that says Johnson on it. I have several out there that we have built that I can show you.

Comment

No sir. Don't insult me like that! Custom Luxury Pools is our company. It is owned by my brother-n-law/sister and another bow hunter in Splendora but they both own other businesses too, so I run it for them. My sister has 60 acres at the very back of Rio Vista, at the end of Pecos behind that big gate that says Johnson on it. I have several out there that we have built that I can show you.
                              Ah ok, so I'm as close to your brother in laws back corner entrance as one can be. Well cool man, I'm waiting on Lori's call. Thanks again bro.

Comment

Ah ok, so I'm as close to your brother in laws back corner entrance as one can be. Well cool man, I'm waiting on Lori's call. Thanks again bro.

I know exactly where you are. I could show you some pics of some monster bucks that were taken less than 200 yds from the back of your property. It's crazy what comes up out of that river bottom. Please let me know if you don't hear from Lori by tomorrow. I have her busy but I told her to take care of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X