No announcement yet.

HVAC Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat seems to be normal, not sure how to know if theres an issue there or not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just turned on the ac and let it run for about a minute and it never shut off. Its only doing this when running the heater.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
        I just turned on the ac and let it run for about a minute and it never shut off. Its only doing this when running the heater.

Could be a bad expansion valv in the outside unit
        Would have to put gages on it

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
          Could be a bad expansion valv in the outside unit

Would have to put gages on it
          I may just have to get him back out here. Just hate to spend more money this soon on this. Luckily its not too cold or too hot right now.

Comment

Bet it's overcharged but could be a restriction. Need to gauge up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LonestarGent View Post
              Bet it's overcharged but could be a restriction. Need to gauge up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              If its overcharged wouldnt it have started this sooner and wouldnt it do it when running the ac as well?

Comment

Make sure your filter is clean and there’s no restriction of air flow around the return air grill. This could cause it to cycle off and on due to high pressure while in heat mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                  Make sure your filter is clean and there’s no restriction of air flow around the return air grill. This could cause it to cycle off and on due to high pressure while in heat mode.
                  New filter 2 weeks ago but will check that as well to make sure thats not the issue.

Comment

Reversing valve stuck, possibly. Under the hail guard out side you should be able to see the valve. Not sure this will work but may be worth a shot. Find that valve and tap it pretty hard with a hammer or screw driver, and see if it will free itself. Could be the charge is high or low ( most likely low). But with out Gauges it’s impossible to tell.
                    Last edited by critter69; 10-29-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
                      I may just have to get him back out here. Just hate to spend more money this soon on this. Luckily its not too cold or too hot right now.

I understand if you want to wait you can to get it he just came down the stairs to emergency heat and you will run the strip heat and lock out the outside unit

Comment

AC guy put gauges on it and the freon is low or gone. He is going to put a little in the system and test for leaks. I have a feeling its from the unit in the attic as its very old and needs replacing but we just havent had the money to do so. He said it could have triggered a low pressure switch but wont know if there is anything else going on until we fix the leak and fill it with freon. Talk about a kick in the gut to find out $300 just went up in the atmosphere in the form of R22.

Comment

The leak was from the air handler after all. I appreciate all the replies and suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                            I understand if you want to wait you can to get it he just came down the stairs to emergency heat and you will run the strip heat and lock out the outside unit
                            I always saw "EMER" on the thermostat but never gave it a second thought. He showed me that and told me that I could use that if it got too cold. Being that the unit is so old, do you think it would be safe? Not sure if its ever been set to the emergency heat and if the condition of the strips could have deteriorated over the years?

Comment

Working...
                            X