School me on New Browning A5 and Maximus shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on New Browning A5 and Maximus shotguns

Used to be a big fan Browning shotguns, then along cane Benelli. So looking at the new ones. What are you shooting or have shot. Are they reliable as the old hump backs and the auto5. I see several models what you got to say.

I'd also be interested to know. I used to have an A-5, wish I'd never sold it. But those rings were a pain in the rump. I wonder if they've made them more user friendly in that regard, but still have the great easy pointing smooth action that they always had? Will be in the market for another semi in the near future.

Comment

The new a5 is a totally different from the old auto-5. The new one runs off an inertia system called the “kinematic drive system” and the receivers are aluminum instead of steel. I’ve shot several and really like them. I believe they even come with back bored barrels also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bass Pro has a fairly good deal on the A5 Wicked Wing and Browning has a $75.00 coupon. I’m not a fan of Bass Pro, but to save a couple hundred bucks may have to swallow my pride. From what I’m hearing definitely not what the old A5 were, but what is today. They aren’t built like the yesteryear Guns. what I’m hearing the new A5 internal parts don’t seem to be holding compared to Benelli and Beretta

Comment

One guy in our group shoots one and it runs with the benellis, never jams and is rarely cleaned. Usually drug through the mud and hit with a water hose when we get back. I’m a big fan of the inertia guns and don’t think their is a bad one at that price point. Just find the one that fits and it will work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh-Rat View Post
            One guy in our group shoots one and it runs with the benellis, never jams and is rarely cleaned. Usually drug through the mud and hit with a water hose when we get back. I’m a big fan of the inertia guns and don’t think their is a bad one at that price point. Just find the one that fits and it will work for you.
            To clarify was referring to the A-5 their.

Comment

I have the Maxus and really like it.

Only down side to the Maxus is you can't put an extension tube on it. If I were to go on a conservation goose hunt, I'd either deal with it or get a Winchester SX4 and put a tube on it.

Best thing to do is go hold each and see how they shoulder for you.

Comment

I have the maxus and love it. It does have an issue with the coating they put on the plastic but I think that’s been fixed. I need to send it in to them to get coated for free.

Thing kicks like nothing and has been 100% reliable

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  I have the Maxus and really like it.

Only down side to the Maxus is you can't put an extension tube on it. If I were to go on a conservation goose hunt, I'd either deal with it or get a Winchester SX4 and put a tube on it.

Best thing to do is go hold each and see how they shoulder for you.

No action spring plunger problems?

Mine was eating the aluminum ones. Several of them. I am running a stainless sure cycle now.

Other than that I love it. Shoots great.

Comment

I've seen 3 Maxus guns break in the field. All 3 broke at the weld on the cylinder & barrel

Comment

I like the new A5. Haven't heard any bad experiences with them from anyone that shoots one regular.

If I needed a new gun that's what I'd buy right now. But my AL390 is going bang until I can't hold it any more.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X