Minimum Broadhead diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum Broadhead diameter

Looking to settle a bet with a coworker.

Did Texas ever have a minimum broadhead diameter? Currently, I know we do not have that requirement. I could have swore we had one, because i remember stressing about it, for no reason, when i got into archery hunting and it was around 7/8"-1 1/4".

Anyone have any input? Thanks

Seems like 7/8..but I could be wrong...

Comment

7/8" is what I always thought. I never knew they changed it.

Comment

Yep, no restriction any longer. They took out a lot of things that use to be in there. It use to be illegal to have a field point in your quiver while hunting, Or have a divice that locked your bow open.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          7/8" is what I always thought. I never knew they changed it.
          I didn't either, till my coworker and I started talking about broad heads. After looking it up Texas doesn't have a minimum diameter or length.

From TPWD website under archery seasons and regulation.

Projectiles (Arrows and Crossbow Bolts)
          -While hunting game animals and game birds, a projectile may not be poisoned, drugged, or explosive.

-When used to hunt turkey and all game animals other than squirrels, a projectile must be equipped with a broadhead hunting point. An archer may have arrows/bolts with field, target, or judo points in the quiver with the broadhead hunting points.
          -There are no restrictions or minimum requirements on arrow or bolt lengths, arrow material, arrow weight, lighted nocks, broadhead lengths or diameter, number of cutting edges, broadhead material, or mechanical broadheads.

Comment

Yes, back when I started bowhunting there was a minimum, 7/8" is correct. You also had to have your name and addie on the arrow, which was stupid. There was also a minimum draw weight, which was stupid, that cut out a lot of young bowhunters and a lot of women bowhuntresses. I think that has been removed. A lot of ignorance has been removed from Tx bowhunting.

Comment

I also remember 7/8".

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Yes, back when I started bowhunting there was a minimum, 7/8" is correct. You also had to have your name and addie on the arrow, which was stupid. There was also a minimum draw weight, which was stupid, that cut out a lot of young bowhunters and a lot of women bowhuntresses. I think that has been removed. A lot of ignorance has been removed from Tx bowhunting.
                Yep 7/8”, and Amen^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rwc

Comment

7/8" for sure. Some of the mechanicals had a 7/8" closed cut so they would still be legal if they didn't open.

Comment

Thank yall for the feed back

Comment

Yep, I think they changed it for people that hunt with Rage mechanical; so they could still be legal when they didn't open. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X