Diesel to gas- will I hate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel to gas- will I hate it?

I’ve had power strokes for the last 15 years but found a great deal on a 6.2 gas f-250. Anybody have experience?

I pull a boat about once a month and travel trailer a few times a year

Mostly just highway miles

Thanks

Without lookin at numbers I’m willing to bet that the 6.2 has more HP and torque than diesels from 15 years ago. Hell my half ton Chevy has more HP and torque than diesels from 20 years ago

Comment

I just went through the same delimma and purchased a 6.2 last week. Did the math on it and cost of diesel just did not warrant the additional cost

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
        I’ve had power strokes for the last 15 years but found a great deal on a 6.2 gas f-250. Anybody have experience?

I pull a boat about once a month and travel trailer a few times a year

Mostly just highway miles

Thanks
        The diesel guys (I'm one of them) will say yes you'll hate it.

The gas guys will tell you how awesome they are to rationalize it in their heads.

Comment

As soon as you hook up a trailer you will!! Other than that, nope.

Comment

Since 2005 I have owned 4 different Cummins with the newest being an 18. I have also had one 3/4 gas and about to have my second as soon as it comes in so I am not one of those diesel or gas guys that the poster above mentioned. Sure the gas won’t tow as well, but my 2014 hemi pulled 15k lbs of tractor and trailer here in East TX just fine. I am not in the mountains though. If you just haul a boat and tt you will be just fine. Don’t let the diesel guys tell you a gas truck can’t do it.

Comment

Originally posted by KBM View Post
              Without lookin at numbers I’m willing to bet that the 6.2 has more HP and torque than diesels from 15 years ago. Hell my half ton Chevy has more HP and torque than diesels from 20 years ago

My current truck is a 2015 power stroke 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                I just went through the same delimma and purchased a 6.2 last week. Did the math on it and cost of diesel just did not warrant the additional cost

Ya it’s $10k more to get a diesel same truck

Comment

If I did it, it would be the 7.3L!!

Comment

I'd buy the 7.3 gas. I have heard of how light the 6.2's are with the aluminium body's they bounce all over the road.

Comment

Originally posted by marc.munoz31 View Post
                      I'd buy the 7.3 gas. I have heard of how light the 6.2's are with the aluminium body's they bounce all over the road.
                      Lol, the block is still iron...the 6.2 is plenty heavy.

I'm a diesel guy. If $ was no object, diesel hands down. But if I'm doing what you say, I would probably get the gas.

Comment

I have a gas truck (and had 5.9 cummins) and am getting a newer 6.7 just to get 20+ mpg on the highway.

Comment

I'm a diesel guy but I did own a 2008 chevy 6.0 gas 3/4 ton. I will never buy another gas 3/4 again.

Comment

Originally posted by KBM View Post
                            That would be ok if he had been in an older diesel. He’s coming from a 15’ 6.7 though. He’ll notice it..... a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                              Since 2005 I have owned 4 different Cummins with the newest being an 18. I have also had one 3/4 gas and about to have my second as soon as it comes in so I am not one of those diesel or gas guys that the poster above mentioned. Sure the gas won’t tow as well, but my 2014 hemi pulled 15k lbs of tractor and trailer here in East TX just fine. I am not in the mountains though. If you just haul a boat and tt you will be just fine. Don’t let the diesel guys tell you a gas truck can’t do it.
                              Diesel guy here, and I agree with you. I’d drive a 3/4 ton gasser no problem if I was towing 10k or less. It’ll do more than that, but I’m not willing to.

Comment

Working...
                              X