Silver prices. Investing. Selling. Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
    The levels of gold held by the banks listed is incredibly minimal......like insanely minimal. As is the relative storage expense.

If a global economic collapse happens then those individuals who own gold now won’t be the same folks that have it when the theoretical stabilization occurs in the manner that you believe it will.

If you are buying precious metals for an investment then more power to you. Plenty of folks make money in that market. If you are holding it because of a SHTF/global economic collapse scenario then someone has sold you a bill of goods and you have made an illogical decision. I don’t care either way. If you are one of the latter and you feel good about it then more power to you.
    Regardless of your opinions, your avatar is awesome. RR is the second best President, you know is who the new number 1, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      30, 2019 · In summation, there are about 2.5 billion ounces of gold bullion above ground today in the world. Again more than half of it is currently owned by governments and their central bank partners.

Hmmmmmm.......sounds like a lot to me, maybe not you. The banks I listed were just a representative few that I looked up.

Paragraph #2. I plan to keep my precious metals in the event, protected by jacketed lead, maybe not you.

Paragraph #3. I bought most of my gold and silver in 1999, pre 2YK when AU was $350-400 oz and AG was $3.75-$5.00 oz. I was receiving 5 gallon buckets of silver from a bank in Washinton state, Washington Vault? I bought a bunch of Eagles as well. Investment iissue is no problem. Any left is off premises and we'll hidden.
      Are you educated yet?
      The total US gold reserve is $11 billion. That’s not a fly on an elephants *** for our government. So no, it’s not much. And the Federal Reserve doesn’t own gold.

And yeah, I’m plenty educated.

Comment

Regardless of your opinions, your avatar is awesome. RR is the second best President, you know is who the new number 1, right?
        Yeah I don’t remember what my avatar was before this one. I’ve had it forever. And I’ll keep RR as my number 1!

Comment

30, 2019 · In summation, there are about 2.5 billion ounces of gold bullion above ground today in the world. Again more than half of it is currently owned by governments and their central bank partners.

Hmmmmmm.......sounds like a lot to me, maybe not you. The banks I listed were just a representative few that I looked up.

Paragraph #2. I plan to keep my precious metals in the event, protected by jacketed lead, maybe not you.

Paragraph #3. I bought most of my gold and silver in 1999, pre 2YK when AU was $350-400 oz and AG was $3.75-$5.00 oz. I was receiving 5 gallon buckets of silver from a bank in Washinton state, Washington Vault? I bought a bunch of Eagles as well. Investment iissue is no problem. Any left is off premises and we'll hidden.
          Are you educated yet?
          IF the dollar is worthless, what are you going to do with that gold and silver?

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
            The total US gold reserve is $11 billion. That’s not a fly on an elephants *** for our government. So no, it’s not much. And the Federal Reserve doesn’t own gold.

And yeah, I’m plenty educated.
            You just don't get it. Half the gold is being stored by banks so it has value, as I said in my first post. A good portion of the rest is in jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              IF the dollar is worthless, what are you going to do with that gold and silver?
              Huh? What? Are you putting words in my mouth? I didn't say anything about the dollar being worthless.
              I bought most of it pre-Y2K, so I ain't worried about it. Going retire soon so maybe I'll buy a 40' Bertram with it.

SH

Comment

Huh? What? Are you putting words in my mouth? I didn't say anything about the dollar being worthless.
                I bought most of it pre-Y2K, so I ain't worried about it. Going retire soon so maybe I'll buy a 40' Bertram with it.

SH
                No in fact I did not. I simply asked you a question.

Comment

What does that mean... RECEIVING buckets of silver? Buying ? buckets of silver?

Comment

No in fact I did not. I simply asked you a question.
                    Did I answer your question? Sorry, I thought you were saying I said that.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      What does that mean... RECEIVING buckets of silver? Buying ? buckets of silver?
                      No, they were giving me buckets of silver for free. Duh.... Of course I paid for them prior to them shipping to me. At first, I was surprised, but then it made sense as one shipment in a box came broken and taped. I counted the contents, all was there, but the weight was too much for the box. I was getting 100 oz bars, 50 and 10 oz bars and lots of rounds and bars. The gold came via ebay and wasn't very heavy. Did I answer your question?

SH

Comment

You just don't get it. Half the gold is being stored by banks so it has value, as I said in my first post. A good portion of the rest is in jewelry.
                        No, you don’t get it. Banks sure will store it for folks. You listed the Federal Reserve Bank of NY. They don’t own any gold. A bank will gladly store just about anything for folks and they charge for it.

$11 billion owned by the US government should tell you that what you are trying to prove is wrong. $11 billion is the equivalent of someone who makes $50,000 a year having a $267 investment in something. Not exactly going hard at it.

And the fact that “a good portion of the rest is in jewelry” just proves my point.

Investing in precious metals is like investing in art. It can be a good investment. But when/if things go sideways (global economic collapse).......the gold will be worth about the same thing as a comparable piece of art. It doesn’t have an intrinsic value in the economic collapse situation.

Comment

Just curious if it’s time to sell or hold.
                          Hold. This thing (the reason you purchased it to begin with) is just getting started. The game ran about 15 years longer than I thought we would get away with; but it is beginning.

Hold. The over/under on the price going DOWN in the next 12 months is very low. No need to sell at the start of a move up. You have plenty of time, if it is just an investment.

Hold. Forget about SPOT. physical price is all that matters. Tried to buy a few ounces of physical sliver in the past 2 months?

Comment

No, they were giving me buckets of silver for free. Duh.... Of course I paid for them prior to them shipping to me. At first, I was surprised, but then it made sense as one shipment in a box came broken and taped. I counted the contents, all was there, but the weight was too much for the box. I was getting 100 oz bars, 50 and 10 oz bars and lots of rounds and bars. The gold came via ebay and wasn't very heavy. Did I answer your question?

SH
                            Yes, you did. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by TejasNW View Post
                              Hold. This thing (the reason you purchased it to begin with) is just getting started. The game ran about 15 years longer than I thought we would get away with; but it is beginning.

Hold. The over/under on the price going DOWN in the next 12 months is very low. No need to sell at the start of a move up. You have plenty of time, if it is just an investment.

Hold. Forget about SPOT. physical price is all that matters. Tried to buy a few ounces of physical sliver in the past 2 months?
                              Would you mind explaining your last paragraph? Thanks

Comment

Are you educated yet?
                                How much does a 5 gallon bucket of silver weight?

Comment

Working...
                                X