Youth Archery Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Archery Target

What’s the best target for my boys 11-16 to practice with that shows vitals? All 3 finally showed some interest in hunting with their bow this year and have been shooting for the past few months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would get a target big enough to where you can put tape or other markings on it for them to shoot at. If you had 3 boys plus yourself it could get tore up pretty quick depending on how much you all shoot. As far as vitals. Show them different pictures and ask them where they would shoot. Even if it’s just an animal ontv and you have the ability to pause it. It’s pretty good refresher.

Glad your boys are taking an Interest.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      I would get a target big enough to where you can put tape or other markings on it for them to shoot at. If you had 3 boys plus yourself it could get tore up pretty quick depending on how much you all shoot. As far as vitals. Show them different pictures and ask them where they would shoot. Even if it’s just an animal ontv and you have the ability to pause it. It’s pretty good refresher.

Glad your boys are taking an Interest.

Yea, we’ve done that many times over the years when they started hunting with a rifle but just wanted something for a visual effect when they practice slinging arrows. Instead of just throwing them at dots, I thought a good visual with front leg and vitals would be great for teaching purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought some paper targets at Cabelas a few years ago. It was a photo of a deer, about 1/3 life size. I stapled it to my archery target. Worked great.

Comment

Google pics of what you want to shoot at. Print out and tape to target. Raccons, squirrels, deer vitals, whatever. That's what my boys like to do. Then you have never ending source of new things to shoot at and save a ton of money buying all sorts of different targets. If you just want a large deer vital you can get something like this to put on your target:

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
            I bought some paper targets at Cabelas a few years ago. It was a photo of a deer, about 1/3 life size. I stapled it to my archery target. Worked great.

Comment

Working...
            X