Looking at F-150 and Ram 1500...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at F-150 and Ram 1500...

Current F-150 is 13 years old with 256k on the odometer. It’s been a great truck, and has been paid off for 11 years.

Looking at an F-150 with the ecoboost and the Ram with a 5.7 Hemi. Both sticker for 58k. I can get the Ford for 43k and the Hemi for 46k. The Ford is going to needs leather, so it will be closer To 44.5k. Both are 4x4.

The Dodge interior is absolutely superior to the Ford...it’s really not debatable. Also, the Ram has reclining rear seats and cooled stock leather seats with a nice Alpine sound system. The Dodge is much nicer, but I’m skeered of Dodge. I’m going to purchase in November or December. I want the Dodge, but like I said, just plain ole skeered of Chrysler.

Wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts...
    Last edited by Shinesintx; 09-14-2020, 07:55 PM.

Out of the 2 Ford hands down but based on the budget it appears your willing to spend I’d go look at a Tundra!

Comment

Shop around I think you can find the rams cheaper than that unless you are looking at the laramie longhorns. I went to rams back in 05 from fords and havent looked back. Love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
        Shop around I think you can find the rams cheaper than that unless you are looking at the laramie longhorns. I went to rams back in 05 from fords and havent looked back. Love mine.
        What’s the longest you’ve owned a Ram and how many miles? For me, it’s the Longevity. I’m almost 50, I’ll prolly have this truck until I retire.

Comment

I’ve had good luck with my F250’s. I have to hunt to find them in gas engines though. I think ford resale and dependability are better than dodge. Had a buddy that bought 2020 ram 1500 longhorn edition, beautiful interior. Only thing missing is mirrors don’t fold in. He paid upper $50’s For 4x4 version.

Comment

I was a Ford F-250 Guy forever. When I decided to down size in 2016 I just assumed it would be to an F150. Took a KinG Ranch home to drive for the weekend. It was very uncomfortable as far as I was concerned. I took it back expressing my opinion about the lack of comfort. They insisted I take a Dodge 1500 home. As you said, there was no comparison in the interiors of the two. Also like you said I was scared to do what I knew was the right thing to do. A month later I went back in and ordered the Dodge. 4 years and 75k miles later it has never been in for anything but an oil change. None of my Fords could come close to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll never again own a Ford or a Chevy. I've had 4 Rams now and they have all been flawless. Current ram.....

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                I was a Ford F-250 Guy forever. When I decided to down size in 2016 I just assumed it would be to an F150. Took a KinG Ranch home to drive for the weekend. It was very uncomfortable as far as I was concerned. I took it back expressing my opinion about the lack of comfort. They insisted I take a Dodge 1500 home. As you said, there was no comparison in the interiors of the two. Also like you said I was scared to do what I knew was the right thing to do. A month later I went back in and ordered the Dodge. 4 years and 75k miles later it has never been in for anything but an oil change. None of my Fords could come close to that.

This helps, it really does. I’ve driven an F-150 for the past 20 years and put a Combined total of 500k miles on them. It’s just hard converting, so I really appreciate your post.

Comment

If your going to keep it go tundra. Ford life of turbos is 150-175k. My ram dropped a lifted at 140k and engine rebuilt was like 5-6k. Also had tons of issues with electronics in the “fancy” interior.

What you do is drive it until it’s dead go tundra. If you drive and trade in at 100-125k any truck is a great one

Comment

That interior of the ram will look fine until everything in it starts falling off.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      That interior of the ram will look fine until everything in it starts falling off.

Good point.

Comment

I’m on my second ram. Just traded in my 16 2wd Lone Star edition.

Bought a 20 Laramie 4wd. This thing is absolutely loaded. It has things I didn’t even know it had. The ride is amazing, and actually better than my 2wd. I goy it for right at $50k.

Comment

IM on my third, wife just sold her 4th Ram. We had a broken valve spring in the 03 Hemi. Other than that, none have had anything major, and haven't had "things fall off" either. To each his own though, if you like Ford, by all means, by a Ford.

Comment

Forgot to throw this up there but my 2012 had the below repairs fixed with dodge max care all under 174,000 miles.
                            3 radios
                            2 dashes
                            1 drive shaft
                            Camshaft and 8 lifters
                            5 exhaust manifold bolts snapped
                            One side mirror LED light

Here’s the cam. Happens a lot with cylinder deactivation. My family always bought dodges. Now we are moving to Toyota. They are worth more on trade in to.

Comment

I switched to dodge about 15 years ago when Ford Diesels got unreliable and to expensive.I have 5 diesels and one hemi.They are all three quarter ton 4x4s they all get worked pretty hard and have really not had any problem.Dodge has come along way on there quality imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X