Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout out to spidermonkey! We now have a new entry gate at Trinity Acres [emoji106]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout out to spidermonkey! We now have a new entry gate at Trinity Acres [emoji106]

Been looking to replace the 2 heavy wooden gates out at the property for awhile. They’ve served their purpose well but we wanted something that would weather better and last long term. We knew we wanted to go with a single 16’ metal gate but that’s about it. I’m not lying when I say I wasn’t happy with the quality of the prefab architectural gates I was finding out there. At least not in terms of how much they were asking for the flimsy, lightweight materials they were planning to use. It was also important to me that whoever built the gate also do the install.

I saw a post where TBHer spidermonkey (Rusty) had mentioned doing some fabrication and welding on the side. I got in touch with him, picked his brain a little and somehow convinced him to build us a custom gate.

He basically mocked up a design on a piece of paper and texted it to me. I pretty much gave him the dimensions and left the rest to him. He did it all!

And oh my...did Rusty knock it out of the park! To say this guy builds things HEAVY and a little overboard is an understatement. The quality is outstanding. Trust me, extreme handcrafted workmanship, tedious attention to detail and many, many hours went into building this thing!

He kept me up to date throughout the entire process, texting me videos and pics every step along the way.

Pics don’t do this thing justice. It’s beefy stout....really well built! I couldn’t be more pleased with how it turned out. Rusty is as genuine as they come and it’s been a pleasure getting to know him during this process . For as good a welder/fabricator he is....he’s an even better man! [emoji108][emoji108] Thank you once again Rusty...well done my friend. Well done indeed!

The specs: 16’ wide, 5’ on the ends, graduating to 6’ in the center.
    Perimeter frame and horizontal support bar is 2” square 14ga tubing with middle vertical bars being 1” square 14ga turned on diamond.

Here’s a few pics to attempt to chronologize the build:

Pleasure was all mine brother! Enjoyed working with ya, and finding a life long, great friend to boot! We got er done! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Looks great!!!!

Comment

That looks awesome!!

Comment

solid!! the top of the entrance will hold everything together.

Comment

Very nice work Rusty!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

very impressive J

Rusty - you got impressive skills brother

Comment

That is awesome

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Nice looking gate and well done.