Cleaning old ball caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning old ball caps

How does the GS clean there old favorite ball caps? I personally have tried the dishwasher with one of those cap clamps, washing machine, brush and soap in the kitchen sink but they always shrink and deform and dont fit like I like'em to anymore. Yesterday I stopped by the carwash and for $.75 I washed my favroite hat and it came clean and did not shrink I wore till it was dry. Today I am going to go by again and wash my TBH hat and see if it works again.

Originally posted by jimmy o View Post
    How does the GS clean there old favorite ball caps? I personally have tried the dishwasher with one of those cap clamps, washing machine, brush and soap in the kitchen sink but they always shrink and deform and dont fit like I like'em to anymore. Yesterday I stopped by the carwash and for $.75 I washed my favroite hat and it came clean and did not shrink I wore till it was dry. Today I am going to go by again and wash my TBH hat and see if it works again.
    That is always the key for me! I usually wash them in the washing machine then wear them dry.

Comment

Maybe take them to a dry cleaner?

I usually just retire them, when they get that dirty ... it's a sad ordeal.

Comment

Dish washer then wear it dry.

Comment

Originally posted by nichocha33 View Post
          this and i also spray shout on the inside of the cap

Comment

I use the washing machine and dryer works just fine.

Comment

I wear mine swimming in a swimming pool.. works for me.

Comment

I throw them on the top rack of the dishwasher and use a clip to hold them down. Pull em out before the dry kicks in.. works like a champ for me

Comment

Dishwasher, with a good dousing of the wife's favorite spray stain remover.

I renewed a white golf cap that had several months worth of nasty sweat stains.

Comment

I use the cap cage (or whatever it's called) in the washer but they never get real clean. They smell good but they still aren't very clean. The dishwasher works too but dishwashers weren't made for fabric so I don't know how effective they are. I've only tried it once and didn't think it did that good. Hand washing them may be best but man it'd take a while!

Comment

Wear it fishin and the wind will blow it into the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                        I wear mine swimming in a swimming pool.. works for me.
                        Yep. Works great!

Comment

Donate it to the trash

Comment

Originally posted by nichocha33 View Post
                            Originally posted by hef187 View Post
                            I throw them on the top rack of the dishwasher and use a clip to hold them down. Pull em out before the dry kicks in.. works like a champ for me
                            [quote=JFISHER;7152638]Dishwasher, with a good dousing of the wife's favorite spray stain remover.

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                            I use the cap cage (or whatever it's called) in the washer but they never get real clean. They smell good but they still aren't very clean. The dishwasher works too but dishwashers weren't made for fabric so I don't know how effective they are. I've only tried it once and didn't think it did that good. Hand washing them may be best but man it'd take a while!
                            The hot water always seems to shrink them to much to fit my melon the way I like.

Comment

Originally posted by bassinking View Post
                              Donate it to the trash
                              this. I get too many free hats to worry about washing the old faded ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X