Keto pepperoni pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto pepperoni pizza

Me and my wife have been on the Keto diet for 9 days now. This pizza and the crust were really good and good for you. There was only 12-13 carbs for the whole pizza. The crust is a cauliflower pizza crust. It was really good and did not even taste like cauliflower.

Yep. We've been doing keto for over a year now. We make keto pizza fairly often. Loaded it up with bacon, canadian bacon, axis burger, olives, parmesan garlic olive oil (instead of tomato sauce), etc. the other day. If you mix in a little coconut flower it can make it a little crispier. Also, it helps to bake the crust pretty thoroughly first, before putting on all the toppings. We put olive oil and salt on it initially, then bake until it's about done. If you take it off the baking sheet the last couple of minutes and just bake it on the rack, it gets nice and crisp.

There's a couple of local pizza shops that have cauliflower crust as an option as well.

Comment

Did you make the crust yourself? Can you post the recipe if so?

Comment

We've made crust and used bought crust. Tons of recipes online. I don't have any saved.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlueEyes View Post
          Did you make the crust yourself? Can you post the recipe if so?
          I made it myself after watching a few videos. This video is pretty close to how I made it. I used monterey jack cheese because that is what I had and it was good.

2 cups- Grated Cauliflower
          1 cup-- Grated Cheese----your choice
          1 egg

Cooked @ 400° for 15 minutes. You want the crust to have some good color on it for it to be done. I am an expert since this was my first time. LOL

I made 2 crust
          1-I cooked the cauliflower in a skillet on medium heat for about 10 minutes to remove the moisture.

2-The second one I put in the microwave for 8-10 minutes to remove some of the moisture.
          Be sure to let crust cool off and stir so more moisture will be removed. You are actually wanting a cauliflower flour.

I could not tell the difference in either crust. I did add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic to the dough before cooking.
          I used 2 pieces of parchment paper and a rolling pin to roll out the dough.

bone appetit
          https://youtu.be/XaCYSX5WE5M

Comment

I have one in the oven now.... We shall see

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was ok. Texture was great. I did an Alfredo, mushrooms, chicken, and black olives. I think the flavor of the cauliflower crust would be better with a marinara sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                We've made crust and used bought crust. Tons of recipes online. I don't have any saved.
                What stores have you folks purchased the cauliflower crusts from??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  This is where I get mine from.
                  Swap out the carbs and make your wraps, sandwiches, or pizza crust keto, low carb, grain & gluten-free, using our cauliflower pizza crusts or sandwich rounds.

Comment

Make em yourself.
                    At least we do.
                    I live with the Paul Prudhomme of Keto though, and do very little of the work, other than shelling out money for various food processors/appliances.

Try a grilled cauliflower steak sometime.
                    It ain't meat, but it will surprise you.

Comment

Going to have to give this a try.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                        I made it myself after watching a few videos. This video is pretty close to how I made it. I used monterey jack cheese because that is what I had and it was good.

2 cups- Grated Cauliflower
                        1 cup-- Grated Cheese----your choice
                        1 egg

Cooked @ 400° for 15 minutes. You want the crust to have some good color on it for it to be done. I am an expert since this was my first time. LOL

I made 2 crust
                        1-I cooked the cauliflower in a skillet on medium heat for about 10 minutes to remove the moisture.

2-The second one I put in the microwave for 8-10 minutes to remove some of the moisture.
                        Be sure to let crust cool off and stir so more moisture will be removed. You are actually wanting a cauliflower flour.

I could not tell the difference in either crust. I did add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic to the dough before cooking.
                        I used 2 pieces of parchment paper and a rolling pin to roll out the dough.

bone appetit
                        https://youtu.be/XaCYSX5WE5M

Looks like a bunch of bird seed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                          It was ok. Texture was great. I did an Alfredo, mushrooms, chicken, and black olives. I think the flavor of the cauliflower crust would be better with a marinara sauce.

I used a marinara sauce on ours. You just need to check the carbs for the sauce you use. You would be surprised how many carbs things have that you though they might not have.

Comment

My wife does the grocery shopping. She goes to United and HEB. I imagine they all have them.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                              Looks like a bunch of bird seed.
                              Wheat is bird seed.

Meat, cheese, eggs, and vegetables is food.

Comment

Working...
                              X