Fence stretcher design. Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fence stretcher design. Need help.

Hey guys, I’m going to be stretching some 8’ tightlock fence in the next week or so. (I had borrowed a good stretcher last time I installed some, but it’s no longer available) I guess ill have to make one. I don’t thing bolting 2 2x4s together will work in this case. Does anyone here have a steel one, that you came either take a picture upon, or draw a diagram of?
    Thanks in advance.

I built one out of 2x4 red steel angle iron. Blew holes in it with a torch and bolted it together in several places. Used a chain around the middle and hooked come along to chain. It wasn’t for 8 foot but I think it would work the same.

Comment

I bought all my wire from McCoy's and they loaned me one. Check where u got the wire to see if they have one to loan.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
        I bought all my wire from McCoy's and they loaned me one. Check where u got the wire to see if they have one to loan.
        Wow! I never thought of that!

I have a net wire stretcher but it is for a 5' tall fence

Comment

Just buy one and be done with it i have one for up to 50" wire i think that has the drive in wedges. It works great because it pulls on the horizontal wires. Stay tuff has some they sell. Looks like you can find them online for $2-250

Comment

Get 2 of these and weld them together !
            These work great
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X