No announcement yet.

Lone Star Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled up to the boat ramp with my buddy, they approached us camera crew and everything. After he checked us went on the next boat, and 2 guys asked us to sign a paper to give permission to be on the show potentially. I asked him what our chances were and he said not good.. lol. We were all good so doesn't make for good TV. LOL

Comment

A guy I am on my lease with was on the show. Said the portrayal of the event was accurate. they were a group of gys on a corporate hunt retreat. One guy shot an exotic across the fence and denied it. He even told all of them he didnt do it. Went into the woods with the GW and confessed. Show was exactly that way.

Comment

None of my game warden experiences went anything like the show. “I’m gonna give you a break”...lol. Not in south texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I spoke to a GW about it the other day, and he said it was all pretty much down the middle. He said that they would have to re-record some of the phone calls, and there's a lot of editing (naturally), but that it was not "Staged" or "re-shot". He said the wardens have the choice to be on or not, and they pick the bigger personality folks.

This was our new game warden in Young County, really nice guy.
          Is the warden iin Young County still Tweedle (sp?) I've talked to him on the phone but haven't met him yet.

Comment

I’m not familiar with that one, the new ones last name is Espinoza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have been watching for a year now. Like it. It starts good conversations with our children.

Comment

We where filmed bow fishing one night had to fill paperwork out never made the show tho

Comment

I can't speak for every scene of the show but I can tell you in one of the early seasons there was a Jet Ski wreck between two Jet skis on Sam Rayburn and one of the guys got his leg broken. I can promise you it was real because they brought him to shore on our property and the ambulance was parked in our driveway when they came down to get him. We got to watch it all unfold while grilling some hamburgers on the outdoor kitchen.

Comment

I think any staging is done just for editing purposes. Any show will have that. Very realistic, entertaining we we always watch it. The only part I hate is seeing how many warnings and no tickets are given. As a fisherman, a boater and a hunter, we all lay out a lot of money to partake in the outdoors. Most of the violators, who are only given warnings, will not learn the rules until they are hit in the pocket.

Comment

Our Proj Mgr, his brother, his son all got busted last summer by them. Signed waivers and we're waiting to see their episode.

The short story: They booked a boat lease with a company that overcommitted. Owner made it right as he could and let them take his personal boat. They were checked and were missing one lifejacket, fire extinguisher was dead, and horn didn't work. Close bait shop made 2 of the 3 right since they knew the owner.

Not a fake show.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                        Our Proj Mgr, his brother, his son all got busted last summer by them. Signed waivers and we're waiting to see their episode.

The short story: They booked a boat lease with a company that overcommitted. Owner made it right as he could and let them take his personal boat. They were checked and were missing one lifejacket, fire extinguisher was dead, and horn didn't work. Close bait shop made 2 of the 3 right since they knew the owner.

Not a fake show.
                        Where did this take place?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                          Where did this take place?
                          I'll confirm but I recall it was Lavaca or Palacios

Comment

If you ever watched the episode of the guy in a rv on the krapper and his buddy cleaning a deer on the inside the rv the warden that arrested them or gave them a citation was on our hunting club. He never appeared on another episode. Said he was tired of all that ribbing he took after friends and coworkers saw it.

Comment

I like the show, but I know if I were a game warden, I wouldn't like a bunch of folks with cameras getting in the way of me doing my job.

Comment

Originally posted by Gom View Post
                                I think any staging is done just for editing purposes. Any show will have that. Very realistic, entertaining we we always watch it. The only part I hate is seeing how many warnings and no tickets are given. As a fisherman, a boater and a hunter, we all lay out a lot of money to partake in the outdoors. Most of the violators, who are only given warnings, will not learn the rules until they are hit in the pocket.
                                I agree. The people they let off completely, or with a minor fine, for major infractions, really tick me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X