Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid- if you had it, how did you get over it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid- if you had it, how did you get over it?

After a couple days of feeling fatigued, a little coughing, and loss of smell and taste I tested positive yesterday. No fever so far but I have been taking Tylenol regularly due to a knee surgery.

I’m 28, fairly healthy, and haven’t had much breathing trouble minus my head being congested.

So, if you had it, what did you do the help out? I’m currently managing it fairly well with NyQuil.

Pretty much what you’re doing. Passed in a few days. Had two days there where I was run down and fatigued but other than that nothing major. The loss of smell and taste part was the weirdest for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
      Pretty much what you’re doing. Passed in a few days. Had two days there where I was run down and fatigued but other than that nothing major. The loss of smell and taste part was the weirdest for me.
      I didn’t believe it at first so I grabbed green olives (disgusting) and ate them with no problem.

Very odd virus.

Comment

I'm the same age, had the same symptoms. Mucinex D (with sudafed) seemed to help.

If you've had loss of taste and smell I'd say your out of the woods. I had 5 days of mild symptoms and another 5 days of slight foggy brain and fatigue. **** taste took about 2 months to come fully back though.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
          After a couple days of feeling fatigued, a little coughing, and loss of smell and taste I tested positive yesterday. No fever so far but I have been taking Tylenol regularly due to a knee surgery.

I’m 28, fairly healthy, and haven’t had much breathing trouble minus my head being congested.

So, if you had it, what did you do the help out? I’m currently managing it fairly well with NyQuil.
          I'm doing the exact same thing. I've got a pounding headache and sinus congestion is about all. I'm 61 and in excellent shape so I'm pretty sure that helps. I get tired pretty easy as well.

Comment

Had it in Jan before it was a Thing. Pain relievers and a ZPack I bought in Mexico.

Comment

If it wasnt for loss of taste i might not have known i had it. I felt hungover one morning and that was really the worst of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was off/on, except loss of smell. I would start feeling better and get to doing stuff, then tired again. Biggest thing is to MOVE...I had some shortness of breath and walked daily (even tho didn't feel like it).

Comment

I struggled for 3 weeks with Covid. I am asthmatic so I knew it would go to the lungs and it did after about a week. I ran a fever for a 10 day period during that 3 weeks.

I took Tylenol and ibuprofen with my Montelukast that I take every night. What saved me and really helped was an oxygen machine that my father in law brought over that he had used when he had it in August.

My primary care doctor would not see me or prescribe anything for my lungs. She told me on several phone discussions to go to the ER. I refused to go because I did not want to pay the outrageous bill and I knew I was not that bad.

I am recovering slowly in that my lungs still feel tight when I get active. I bowhunted yesterday and it was a struggle.

We got it (my wife also had Covid) from friends who had it in their office and decided to tell us at dinner on October 23rd. 4 days later we were positive. They tested positive the next day with no symptoms. They also infected their in-laws on October 24th. They are in denial that they gave it to us or anyone else! Oh well...I won’t argue with them about it. I just want my lungs to recover and resume a normal life!

Prayers to all who have or will have it...may you only get the sniffles!

Comment

I had a high fever for a day and then was fine quarantined at the lease for 12 days

Comment

Lot of fluids and Tylenol - good luck, Sir!

Comment

back in Aug. Wife and I both had it, mine was worse, in hospital for 3 days but steroids there took care of the pneumonia(mild case). Our worse symptoms were nausea and fatigue.
                        Had fevers early but Ibuprofen would knock it down. Drink lots of fluids.
                        Don't do the Zinc thing either, if you're nauseated will make it much worse.
                        Covid pretty much has to run its course.

Comment

I haven’t had it but my wife and both kids have. 12 year old had low grade fever and felt bad for a day and a half. Wife had low grade fever for 2 days, felt a little bad for about 4 days and lost taste/smell for 5ish weeks. A month later 15 year old had low grade fever for 2 days and felt kind of bad for 6 days and partially lost taste. Both kids tested positive, wife never tested but with loss of taste for over a month I am sure she had it.

They all got over it with no medications just lots of fluids. I hope you get over it as easy! The quarantine is the worst part by far according to them. And of course I had to quarantine as well even though I felt fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post

Fatigue, congestion and some coughing was about it for me. I’ve been way sicker. I used cough drops and mucinex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Started with symptoms on the 14th and today is the first time I’ve been outside longer than 5min. I had fever for 2-3 days at the start with the highest being 102.7. Head congestion was/is bad and the fatigue is probably the worst thing of all. Mucinex for the congestion Advil for fever and vitamin C&D for good measure. I tried zinc but as previously stated, it upset my stomach pretty bad. I have also lost my taste and smell. Quarantined to my bedroom with no contact with the family they are still healthy thankfully. Definitely no fun. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X