Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread really picked up this weekend. Congrats to everyone getting it done, especially those young men. My son Call shot this 8 in Garza Co. this AM, his best bow deer. He was covered up in deer. I spooked a monster hog right before i could get a shot. Next 2 weeks should be great.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
      I think he is a stout 3.5 yr old. I'd like to see him next year.

That’s kinda where we settled, have passed him on 2 sits. Just hope he stays around us during the rut as not sure most could let him walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
        This thread really picked up this weekend. Congrats to everyone getting it done, especially those young men. My son Call shot this 8 in Garza Co. this AM, his best bow deer. He was covered up in deer. I spooked a monster hog right before i could get a shot. Next 2 weeks should be great.

Very nice deer. Congratulations to him.

Comment

Alan Henry buck yesterday morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another one

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post

WTG! Public land mulie is a darn tough item to scratch off the list. Congrats

Comment

Actually A Whitetail. They took meat samples to run DNA to see if it is a cross. I think its a cross.

Comment

Actually A Whitetail. They took meat samples to run DNA to see if it is a cross. I think its a cross.
                  That is definitely a cross. I have one like him on my wall from about 10 miles from there. Great buck. Even better on Allan Henry property. Lots of pressure over there.

Comment

Great buck Toolman, congratulations.
                    We’re you allowed to use a whitetail tag on him?

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                      Great weekend in Wheeler/ Gray/ Collingsworth Co. Between 3 of us and the ~13,000ac we put eyes on 3 different bucks that will gross the books. Tito killed his personal best and Hunter killed 2 does this morning. We had an absolute blast and the deer are starting to get on their feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Awesome!
                      Congrats to Tito and Hunter, they did great.

Comment

Yes I used a whitetail tag on him.

Comment

Great to see the activity pick up, and congrats to the lucky hunters! Hunt safe!

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                            One more try
                            Excellent! Congrats!

Comment

Dang, I haven't been paying attention to the thread. Well done guys and congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWayne86 View Post
                                Update- went in around 0720. Looked for awhile then picked up blood just past where i left off last night. Spots were decent in size about every 6-10 foot. Followed blood for about 100yds then saw where he made a small circle. The most blood we found was CD size most was small drops then nothing. All i can figure after 3 hours of trailing is what i had expected of a high shoulderblade/shoulder meat shot. No beds or anything and i never found my arrow. Other than finding the dead buck this is best bet. I figured a marginal chance for a lethal kill. My fault on shot placement, i shouldve killed him easy.
                                Those wounds have pretty good survival rate. If buck was a regular at the feeder, most usually show back up in 2 weeks to a month.

Comment

Working...
                                X