Which Gun Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Gun Safe

I have been looking into gun safes. I already have a National Security gun safe but I’m wanting to get another one and place it in my hunting room. Not looking to spend a fortune like I did on my National Security safe. But I still want it to have a good fire rating and have a decent weight to make it difficult for someone to try and take . And I’d like it to have thick locking bars. I see some with 1/4 inch bars? What kind to you all recommend? Thanks in advance

TTT, So no suggestions on gun safes

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
      TTT, So no suggestions on gun safes
      Surprised no one commented. I personally am a fan of cannon safes. Feel like there are so many out there now its becoming more difficult to get rue decent quality for a decent price

Comment

Liberty Fat Boy 48. Here is wisdom: buy larger than you think you need. Wife will have stuff she puts in there as well as paper work etc etc. additionally I bought a SafElert with 24 hour monitoring and text mail-email updates on movement, temperature, humidity etc. I think mine is 45 minutes at 2,000 degrees. Don’t quote me on that though.

Comment

Thanks guys Those are actually 2 of the safes I’ve considered. I already know about buying one bigger than I need that’s why I’m buying a second one. Lol. The first one actually fits perfectly where I need it to though.

Comment

Keep in mind that although the safe says for example 2000 degrees for 45 minutes, in the event of a fire, if the safe heats up all items in the safe will still burn because of convection heat. I had an insurance adjuster tell me every safe that he has opened all contents were destroyed.

Comment

I just purchased a 28 gun Liberty w/ 1/4” locking plates and a 75 min fire rating. It’s very nice and has several 110 plugs and USB ports in it. Weighs around 750-800 pounds

Comment

I was pretty thankful for my browning hells canyon when my house burned down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]1021074[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    Here is wisdom: buy larger than you think you need. Wife will have stuff she puts in there as well as paper work etc etc.
                    This. Already running into safe space issues and I don't even have a wife to fill it up.

I did improve my safe capacity by cutting my own racks out of MDF.

And remember, the listed long gun capacity for a safe is only true if all you have are slim guns like lever actions. Scopes will cut your max capacity significantly.

Comment

Picked up rhino safe from atwoods a few years ago, it checked all my boxes.

Comment

Purchased a Liberty Franklin 50 earlier this year & really like it. It is way bigger than I need currently but I should never have to purchase another safe!

Comment

Look into getting rifle rods for your current safe. You’ll actually get close to the stated gun capacity and it easier to pull guns out.

Comment

It is hard to find any safe in stock these days

Comment

Liberty is the one I got

Comment

Working...
                              X