Favorite brand of hand tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite brand of hand tools?

I need to buy some more hand tools. Needing open end wrench's, socket sets from 1/4" drive to 1/2" drive etc. I am not interested in the expense of Snap On tools. I used to prefer Craftsman but not sure what the warranty is on those anymore since Lowes seems to be the only place to get them. I also would like to buy some that are in good cases that actually hold the tools in place. Any suggestions?

Stahwille and Wiha, we used them and other expensive brands at work. They work great and quality is superb but I can’t afford them so I stick to craftsman…

Comment

Our local NAPA sells craftsman tools, so the warranty should be good.

Comment

Kobalt from Lowe’s work great with good warranty

Comment

HarborFreight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Combination wrenches, I've used most all of them. I have yet to find a problem with the Harbor Freight stuff. Probably the worst pliers and channel lock type pliers have been Kobalt. That stuff is junk.

Comment

Most of mine are the older Snap On and Craftsman brands. I hold onto them like gold.

Comment

As a retired aircraft mechanic most of my tools are Snap On or Craftsman. My pneumatics were Souix and Dotco.
                Most of these tools are 40 years old. I have no idea what their quality is like now.

Comment

Craftsman is now Chinese junk. SK tools are pretty nice for the money.

Comment

Most of my stuff is harbor freight with some craftsman mixed in. I don't use it for a living or every day but they get the job done.

Comment

I'm a snap-on guy....proto makes good stuff.

Comment

Proto. Challenger. Blue point. Snap on. Craftsman (old version). Delta. Bonney. Buffalo. Penens. Lots of good old school hand tools. Many more.

Comment

I bought a craftsman set a coupe years ago to carry in my truck. Not long after the ratchet broke. 6 months of complaining about it, I walked into Lowe’s with the ratchet and they replaced it.

Comment

I've made living for 23 years now with nothing but craftsman and proto tools...purchased back when craftsman wasn't china.....its served me well and I hope to pass them down to my boy someday if/when I ever make it out of the shop and field and on to greener pastures

Comment

Gear wrench is pretty much making a somewhat full line. Everything I’ve had from the I’ve liked.

Tekton and sunex aren’t bad. Better than craftsman’s probably and more options. But that’s it. I’ve also got aloe of Carlisle stuff from Napa.

Grey Pneumatic is good quality for impact sockets of any variety you can imagine.

Comment

Working...
                              X