Camo Guns vs Regular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo Guns vs Regular

Saw a classifieds post the other day and it got me thinking, in my head if I picture a gun I think of either a wood/metal look or black synthetic, not camo. However, I realized that with bows (compound anyway) I think of a camo finish as more the normal thing, seeing someone with a matte black compound would be unusual. But I wouldn't say I dislike camo guns, especially shotguns.

What do y'all think? Do you like your guns in a camo pattern or wood or black?

I don’t “dislike” camo guns, but I wouldn’t buy one on purpose.

Comment

I have wood, black composite, and camo composite bows and rifles. Typically buy used, and don't necessarily care about the color.

Comment

Most of my hunting is done at night. I don’t care about the pattern as long as it’s visually appealing to my eye.

Comment

Wood & blue

Comment

All but one of my rifles are wood stocked. All my shotguns are a mix of synthetic, wood, and camo. My bow is camo. For the most part I’m not a fan of camo rifles but I’ll admit there’s a few I do like.

I think the reason you see camo shotguns and bows being more popular or the “norm” is because they’re used in close proximity to your quarry and being camo can at times probably help a bit getting away with drawing or swinging around for shots.

Comment

my bow is matte black and i like it better than a camo bow. Only camo firearm I have is a shotgun and that's because the camo version was on sale and the wood wasn't. I don't mind it on shotguns but think it's pretty ugly and useless on a rifle

Comment

my bow is 95% black. only gun that camo works for is shotguns imo

Comment

My waterfowl shotguns are typically camo and my upland/sporting guns are wood/blue. I like the camo guns for duck hunting because they seem to hold up better and they have less glare for crane and goose hunting.

Comment

I like my waterfowl and turkey shotguns to be camo. A) to have less sheen and B) to protect against the elements. Guns to me are whatever they come in....I don't have it in my mind they should come one specific way.

As a preference, I do like my O/Us blue and wood, my semis synthetic camo, my rifles synthetic black matte and my bows black though......

Comment

I much prefer nice wood and blued. But I do own a chassis rifle and just a few glocks.

Comment

I want a rust resistant/ proof metal/coat set up. If that comes in SS, ceracoat, dip or . . .
                        I like black guns, camo guns. The wood and blue lost it's appeal for me a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                          I have wood, black composite, and camo composite bows and rifles. Typically buy used, and don't necessarily care about the color.
                          This

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                            My waterfowl shotguns are typically camo and my upland/sporting guns are wood/blue. I like the camo guns for duck hunting because they seem to hold up better and they have less glare for crane and goose hunting.
                            For me as well.

Comment

Got all types and they all kill animals. Never noticed a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X