Road conditions west of ft worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road conditions west of ft worth

Planning to head west to Big Spring tonight leaving dfw around 3-4am. Anyone on i20 west of Fort worth with a road report? Looks like lots of snow.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Trees have ice but the roads were decent to Abilene. Starting to get slick around Merkel to Sweetwater. Have not made it any further west today.

Comment

I’m sure leaving that early the roads will be a little worse. Supposed to get more snow out here this evening through the early morning hours.

Comment

Originally posted by trippletap View Post
        I’m sure leaving that early the roads will be a little worse. Supposed to get more snow out here this evening through the early morning hours.
        Thanks bud. Hopefully 20 will stay pretty clear.

Thanks

Comment

Comment

My wife and son are headed back from Ruidoso now, just west of Abilene now. Lots of snow but they’re moving. She’s riding, if she was driving she would have found a hotel a long time ago. From the pictures I wouldn’t want to drive in the middle of night.

Comment

Im heading west shortly but cutoff is Thurber lease mate just texted just staring to snow. Just gonna take it nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                Planning to head west to Big Spring tonight leaving dfw around 3-4am. Anyone on i20 west of Fort worth with a road report? Looks like lots of snow.

If you don't already have it, check out this 'TXDOT Travel Information' line.
                1-800-452-9292. Pretty good tool

Comment

Just saw where I-20 between mile markers 191 and 195 is closed both directions due to numerous accidents and abandoned vehicles.

Comment

Cross Plains has 1-2 inches of snow now at 10PM. Electricity out between CP & Cisco near Hwy 206.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                      Cross Plains has 1-2 inches of snow now at 10PM. Electricity out between CP & Cisco near Hwy 206.
                      Figures.................
                      Good old Comache Elec................
                      We got plenty, here in Eastland.....................
                      Wonder if Ranger Hill, is shut down....................

Comment

Camping at lake ivie. About 2 to 3 inches of snow on top of a good layer of sleet/ice in the area

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heavy snow on top of ice/sleet in Young Cnty. I wouldn’t drive this direction from DFW until tomorrow afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                            Power is out all the way to Coleman along 206. We got about 4” of snow on top of a 1/3+” of ice and 35 mph wind gusts. I could here branches snapping mid afternoon and figured it would be a dark cold night.

Comment

Is 206 from cisco to ballinger drivable
                              Or are they slick as snot
                              Thanks
                              Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X