Covid Era Truck Buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid Era Truck Buying

Anyone bought a truck during this Covid mess? Particularly in the last month or so? I'm curious about two things... 1) Did the dealership require a mask? 2) Were good deals harder to get?

As much as I like my Tacoma, it's just too small for me and totally gutless when pulling my 14ft trailer and mule. I was wanting the new Tundra when it's released but I think I better wait until the second production year. The current engine just drinks too much gas for my liking. Therefore, I'll probably be shopping for a 4WD F150. I put 35,000+ miles per year on a truck so I'll look at a Tundra in 2-3 years. I'd appreciate any advice or experiences that any of you have had while buying a vehicle during all of this craziness of 2020.

I bought my ram 1500 back in may and they did require a mask. ended up getting a better deal than expected and more money for my old truck than expected. Seems like they worked harder to make the sale than i have experienced in the past.

Comment

Got a tundra not to long ago and was a simple enough deal. Honestly the tundra now gets almost as good as my 2012 ram hemi. I get 16.5-17 highway 4x4 and hemi got 18-19 2wd highway. Now the engine had to be rebuilt due to a dropped lifter at 147,000.

Don’t let the fuel economy scare you off. They arnt that big of a difference when you hand calculate it vs computer says what you get.

Get the 5.7 now before they change it.

Comment

Just bought an F250 a week ago. I had to wear a mask in the general office area. In the Cubes and office no

Comment

There are hardly no deals to be found now. Unless you finance with them, which sucks

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
            Just bought an F250 a week ago. I had to wear a mask in the general office area. In the Cubes and office no
            That's what I was concerned about. I will most likely do my shopping in Spring, North of Houston and was curious about the masks while inside. I have yet to wear one and won't. I may have to just spend a little more and do my shopping at a rural dealership if they require it.

Comment

Bought the wife a 4Runner back in September and they didn’t enforce the mask. Most people had them on, but when I didn’t have one they didn’t say anything.

They aren’t really making deals like the being of Covid due to the inventory being low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought one last week the same way I always buy them. Only difference is inventory is really low so it took my guy a day and a half to get it in. They wore masks, until I told them "you don't have to put that on for me".

Comment

Bought mine 2 months ago in Pasadena. They did not require a mask. Most of their workers don't even wear one. They didn't want to deal to much, but i did manage to get them to drop $3000+ dollars off for the "accessories" they installed, it wasn't easy though...

Comment

I had to order one. It took about 2 weeks to get in. They delivered it to my office and I never set foot in their dealership. I cant say that I got a great deal, but It wasn't bad

Comment

I bought mine November 5th. Did the entire deal through text message. I received more for my truck than I expected and they came off of their truck more than I expected. Drove to Odessa to pick it up. Easiest and best truck deal I ever received. Love my truck too. 2021 Ram 1500 special edition “Built to Serve”. First non Chevy I’ve had in 20 years. Love it.

Comment

I bought a RAM 3500 3 weeks ago. No mask anywhere. I'm happy with the deal $64000 truck i drove it out TTL for $53000

Comment

Bought my wife a used Tahoe a few months ago from the Mercedes Benz dealer in tyler. Just so happened they had exactly what we where looking for as she liked the 18-19 models better than the new ones. We didnt wear a mask anywhere we went.

I figure if your about to spend 40-50K in our case. In your case it will be more then they get over it. Either sell me a vehicle or ill go somewhere else.

FYI i was shocked at how well the MB dealer treated us an the great deal we got.

My suggestion to you would be to go out to the smaller town dealerhips and deal with them.

My new truck i bought a year ago i drove to Lampasas because they had what I wanted and dealt with Hoffpauir. They where great.

Vernon Ford is a great Ford Dealership to deal with also.

Comment

I bought a truck back in August. I didn’t have to wear a mask and I ended up buying a nicer truck for the same money as the lower option trucks. I got a great deal because it was a demo truck with 5000 miles on it. It was harder to find the truck I wanted than anything. Every dealership I went to said they had limited stock because of all the COVID shutdowns. I shopped in a rural area.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                              I had to order one. It took about 2 weeks to get in. They delivered it to my office and I never set foot in their dealership. I cant say that I got a great deal, but It wasn't bad
                              Our last 3 trucks were bought and delivered over the phone
                              Zero contact except signing the paperwork and trading the keys @ my office

Comment

Working...
                              X