Who else isn't able to hunt right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to get surgery 8 October and still under a no strenuous activity, so no hunting.

How are you handling being on the sideline?

I've looked at my pics of past hunts. Comb the forums and FB hunting groups though out the day. But dang I wish I was sitting in a pop-up right now in the woods.

Tried like crazy to convince the wife to go with me. Told it was time to put that Camp Gladiator fitness to work, and let her drag my deer out. LOL, she wasn't having it.

Living vicariously through my friends and the green screen.
    It sucks, but my shoulder sounds and feels like it is dislocating when I try drawing back. Sometimes I can get it drawn, sometimes not, but only once, lol. I need replacement. I could use my wife’s crossbow, but do not have the desire to as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Left shoulder surgery the 3rd. Watching TBH hunters and their kills is my outlet.

Comment

Stuck in North Carolina till the end of this week. Soon as I do some honey do's at the house I'm heading out to the lease for the week before thanksgiving

Comment

I work in northern British Columbia, and haven't been home since early August. My first opportunity to hunt our place in Brady will be the first week of December, and I'm planning to get 12-14 days of hunting in between then and the end of the season. In the meantime, my lease partners are knocking down some good deer and a ton of does and hogs, so I've been entertained following along on their hunts.

Comment

Simply wifes in out of Hospital and no answers yet...

Comment

Broke my leg October 10th ... Been watching YouTube ... The Hunting Public and The Element! I should be back late November... Both great guys to watch!

Comment

Stuck at work for another week.. not as bad as you guys have it.. I missed all of bow season working with the exception of 2 hunts..

Comment

Stuck at work and if not there, a baby and a toddler to help the wife with. However, I have some hunting opportunities coming up in the next couple of weeks

Comment

Missed opening weekend due to work.

Comment

Stuck working here offshore wont be home till right before Thanksgiving only for a few days and looks like I'll be gone the whole month of December so no deer hunting for me this year. Luckily I have axis on my place so I'll go after them whenever I get back.

Comment

Shoulder replacements in Jan and April.

Neck fusion in Sept.

Three weeks of COVID-19 in Oct.

Just started hunting yesterday.

Comment

Shot a 6x6 Bull Elk in New Mexico on Oct 5th. Been offshore working in Gulf of Mexico since Oct 12th. HOPE to be back home by Thanksgiving. Could be worse, the guys working of coast of Guyana, South America have either 3 or 4 month hitches.

You guys keep posting your success!

Comment

I am blessed

Double post

Comment

I'm only temporarily side lined due to work. I've been working the past week straight. 84hrs. Missed a dang good Trad hunt with a group of guys plus hunting at home. I'm going to work tonight for my last shift for a few weeks then it's on starting tomorrow evening hunt. Got two buddies here hunting starting without me this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X