No announcement yet.

Arlington Firefighter killed in Cancun at resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive never been a fan of CanCun. It is a large city with big city problems. I prefer smaller communities and slower life. Isla kinda closes about 1030 or 11 pm and does not open until after 8.

Feel bad for this man’s friends and family as getting any closure or answers will probably be very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
      We got at least once a year to cancun not to mention Michoacán and Guadalajara we love going there never feel unsafe other than the market area but that’s because of pick pocketers other than that not never had had any confrontations or anytime we have felt the need to leave a certain area because of shady stuff, unfortunate things happen every where it’s just a matter of who it happens too and what the media will publicize it as

Someone pickpocketed all your punctuation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We were in Maroma Beach, between Cancun and Playa, in April. Beautiful resort. Great service. Great accommodations. Great experience. Me, my wife and 17 year old twin girls. I never felt unsafe. The Mexican Caribbean is a great place to visit and probably safer than downtown Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
          Good friend of mine (Forney Fireman) just got back from Cancun. Said it was the worst crap hole he’d been to in a long time. Never going back. He was there two weeks ago. Hated it obviously but this is all prior to hearing this.

Considering he’s from forney that’s saying something! Lol

Comment

Curt there is no probably about Austin. Tourist got shot and killed there a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
              Considering he’s from forney that’s saying something! Lol

Ha! Shots fired.

Comment

It wasn't bad in 1978.

We took a family vacation to Cancun/Cozumel/Akumal. Akumal was just grass huts, part time electricity and only accessible by sea. Scuba diving was awesome.

Comment

I agree, all yall should stay out of México.

Comment

Everything in life is a calculated risk. You have a better chance of dying in a car accident. How many Americans are in Mexico daily?

Comment

Enjoy yourself and watch each other's back. Don't go anywhere alone. Ya'll will be fine.

Comment

I dont like having to watch myself or not go alone. That is why I choose Islands in Mexico, Belize, Honduras and have been all over by myself and so has my blonde wife. Never felt uneasy at all

Comment

There is one major difference between being in a big city in the US and being in a foreign country. That difference is on my hip. Y’all go and have fun, I’ll just stick around within the US borders.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Ive never been a fan of CanCun. It is a large city with big city problems. I prefer smaller communities and slower life. Isla kinda closes about 1030 or 11 pm and does not open until after 8.

Feel bad for this man’s friends and family as getting any closure or answers will probably be very difficult.

My favorite place ever. Felt safe the whole time. Golf carts and beaches, awesome dinners and fun shopping. Go back tomorrow. All the people we met at the condos were owners a few from texas. Great place to take the kids. Private shuttle to ferry and golf cart to condo. Wife loves it as well. Cozumel no mas, PV no mas, Cancun no mas!

Comment

We go multiple times every year but stick to smaller towns mostly. Just be smart and you shouldn't have any issues.

Comment

Heading to all inclusive Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya on Friday. No need for us to leave the resort at all. Have absolutely no reservations. Hate what happened to the firefighter. Unfortunately sometimes, bad decisions result in tragic endings and this seems to be the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X