This a known Tundra Problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    That's like a "little old lady who drove to church on Sundays" amount of miles.
    Believe it or not it was! We bought it at Atkinson in college station. Found out that a granny owned it and would come in every few years and buy another one. It’s 4x4 5.7 waaay to much truck for me now since I sold our property. I’d love to have a new 6 cylinder tundra but can’t find one. This is a beautiful truck too. Traded my 6 in for my wife to buy her 2018 sequoia. My tundra had 210,000 on it and they gave me $5,000.00 on it. It was gone pretty quick.
    Last edited by Hogmauler; 07-23-2021, 07:39 AM.

Comment

When you turned the a/c up, did you hit the 4x4 knob?
      They put that in the worst place ever.

Comment

2014 Tundra with 143,000 and I haven't seen this. I have replaced front turn signal sockets 3 times for blowing bulbs. The sockets look scorched from heat or arcing.

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          I'll see if I can find where I got mine. I bypassed that crap. In the past Toyota would warranty those out to 150k miles. Definitely a known problem. Have a code reader?

Edit: http://hewitt-tech.com/store/index.p...SAAEgIUd_D_BwE

What is this secondary air pump you guys speak of??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
            A ’19 with 109k???? Dang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My thoughts too---some folks just have long commutes and live in their trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

It’s an air injection pump that injects extra air into the exhaust that helps in heating up the catalytic converter’s quickly. It’s for low temperature cold start emissions.

When it fails your car goes into limp mode and sucks a big fat one. Generally it’s a valve on the exhaust manifold that goes bad but the blower can fail too. It’s really not a big deal to repair but Toyota will only replace the entire system basically at a huge cost. On my old tundra I replaced the valve once in the parking lot at work during lunch.

They have a bypass kit with block off plates That tricks the computer into thinking everything’s warm enough and doesn’t run the system. I probably ought to get on that on my current tundra so I never have to deal with the limp mode well crap

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

If you have a code reader, see what codes its throwing

Comment

My step-dad has a 2013 Tundra with around 30k on it. He doesn’t hardly ever drive anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                    My step-dad has a 2013 Tundra with around 30k on it. He doesn’t hardly ever drive anywhere.
                    He can't afford the gas...

Comment

God that’s the truth. Things gas hungry.

Comment

I can’t stand the 5.7. It burns fuel while not running. If I can find a new 6 cylinder it’s gone.

Comment

Hey, if you can't stand 15-16mpg you should probably buy a Prius.

Comment

I wish I got 15. Since we are buying this property i might buy an econobox and a crappy ranch truck to leave there. Can’t afford all this gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              I can’t stand the 5.7. It burns fuel while not running. If I can find a new 6 cylinder it’s gone.

I have looked all over and have not found any deliveries. I heard they may not be fully available until early 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                Hey, if you can't stand 15-16mpg you should probably buy a Prius.
                                I got your Prius hanging!

Comment

Working...
                                X