Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good thread.
    Not understanding though where some think that God is going to forgive Satan? lol. Its clearly stated in Revelation what happens to Satan ... and he knows it, is why he works so hard in getting everyone he can to join him in the lake of fire.

Comment

Throughout the New Testament we know that Christians surrender to Christ and acknowledge Him as the Son of God. It is our faith that leads us to this gate. It is also in 1 Corinthians that we can recognize other Christians by their works. Good trees produce good fruit. When we are saved we truly live and work for Him, therefore through our works we are known as Christ followers. We have already been saved through faith. Our works are a product of that faith.

So for us to say we don't know who is saved, yes but.... we have a pretty good idea. And if we have that idea, we can certainly ask them directly and ask them how they know. If the answer is anything other than the first statement I wrote, then they may need some help. But that doesn't mean I condemn them. Only God the Father does that.

Not everyone, in fact, most people will not be saved. Jesus said it is the narrow gate.

Comment

*Not everyone, in fact, most people will not be saved. Jesus said it is the narrow gate.*

So, what do you think happens to most people when they die?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          Throughout the New Testament we know that Christians surrender to Christ and acknowledge Him as the Son of God. It is our faith that leads us to this gate. It is also in 1 Corinthians that we can recognize other Christians by their works. Good trees produce good fruit. When we are saved we truly live and work for Him, therefore through our works we are known as Christ followers. We have already been saved through faith. Our works are a product of that faith.

So for us to say we don't know who is saved, yes but.... we have a pretty good idea. And if we have that idea, we can certainly ask them directly and ask them how they know. If the answer is anything other than the first statement I wrote, then they may need some help. But that doesn't mean I condemn them. Only God the Father does that.

Not everyone, in fact, most people will not be saved. Jesus said it is the narrow gate.

This.
          Many folks think EVERYONE will go to heaven, just simply isn't true.
          Straight is the path, narrow is the gate, and few there be that find it.

Comment

Oh boy!!!!
            Lots of lost people in this world, God said don’t add or take away from His word!

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
              That's kind of the main reason I started this thread. We all have our own interpretations and we can talk down to people based on what we "KNOW" to be true. I enjoy hearing other people's thoughts on their walk and learning more about Who God is. One thing we all agree on is that God doesn't fit into any one of the boxes we try to put Him in! Like right in my last sentence, I said Him but God is not a Him or a Her. God is, I am.
              This pretty much sums up why I have stepped away from my faith and thus the “church”. After 2000+ years, scholars, and so called “believers” still can’t agree on who is getting into heaven and how. The current church is far more worried about condemning gay couples, but have no issue forgiving a deacon that cheats on his wife or marrying a young couple who is living together. Do not mistake that statement as condoning homosexuality, rather it is a condemnation of the hypocrisy of the church.

God, according to the Bible” began writing on stone tablets, why then didn’t he finish the book in his own words? Why, if we are his children and he loves us, make it such an enigma? What sort of father would say to their son, “I love you, I want you to live in my house forever, but rather than draw a map, figure it out on your own by reading OTHER people and if you don’t understand what is written go talk to these experts who probably don’t agree on what I meant. Good luck!”

Maybe one day I will turn back, but for now, I wrestle with these questions and more, and I can’t get answers. I generally get “well read the Bible, or pray about it”, or my all time favorite “I’ll be praying for you.” Man I don’t need your silent mutterings to a being that may or may not be listening, I need answers. And frankly my church turned their back on me and if that is the body of Christ, no thank you, my non churches friends seem to actually care about me and have not abandoned me.

I apologize if this is harsh or abrupt, but it is a fresh/raw wound and my wife and I are seeking marriage counseling for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                *Not everyone, in fact, most people will not be saved. Jesus said it is the narrow gate.*

So, what do you think happens to most people when they die?
                We are Gods creation. He gave us a free will to choose eternal life or death. Adam and Eve chose death. Then God the Father sent his Son Jesus to make a way of escape. He died in our place to free those who repent from eternal death.

We are his creation but NOT his children until we receive the blood of Jesus into our life. Then we become joint heirs with Jesus Christ.

Dont fool yourself, you are doomed to hell and eternal death unless you repent and accept the sacrifice.
                Last edited by GarGuy; 07-19-2021, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  This pretty much sums up why I have stepped away from my faith and thus the “church”. After 2000+ years, scholars, and so called “believers” still can’t agree on who is getting into heaven and how. The current church is far more worried about condemning gay couples, but have no issue forgiving a deacon that cheats on his wife or marrying a young couple who is living together. Do not mistake that statement as condoning homosexuality, rather it is a condemnation of the hypocrisy of the church.

God, according to the Bible” began writing on stone tablets, why then didn’t he finish the book in his own words? Why, if we are his children and he loves us, make it such an enigma? What sort of father would say to their son, “I love you, I want you to live in my house forever, but rather than draw a map, figure it out on your own by reading OTHER people and if you don’t understand what is written go talk to these experts who probably don’t agree on what I meant. Good luck!”

Maybe one day I will turn back, but for now, I wrestle with these questions and more, and I can’t get answers. I generally get “well read the Bible, or pray about it”, or my all time favorite “I’ll be praying for you.” Man I don’t need your silent mutterings to a being that may or may not be listening, I need answers. And frankly my church turned their back on me and if that is the body of Christ, no thank you, my non churches friends seem to actually care about me and have not abandoned me.

I apologize if this is harsh or abrupt, but it is a fresh/raw wound and my wife and I are seeking marriage counseling for this reason.
                  I would point you to the book of Colossians. I think you will find some answers to your questions. There's only one way to grow in life and that's to be real and honest with who you are and where your at. Sounds like you are starting to seek truth in your life for yourself and not just believe what you've heard from others. Most people aren't brave enough to travel down that road because it's too hard to go down. It's easier to listen to someone elses interpretation than two study it on your own. I applaud you for your questions and your zeal! One day you will know the truth and the truth will set you free!

Comment

Sounds like your faith is more in man than Him. If your faith is in the church you will always be let down, disappointed or crapped on! Our salvation doesn't come from a church or even religion.
                    You either believe Jesus is the son of God, was crucified, died and rose again on the third day or you don't. All that other stuff don't matter.
                    I hope you find your peace brother.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This reminds me of a trip I took with my wife to visit her family in SW Georgia. There were tiny churches all over the place and I said something like, "I wonder why there are so many of these little churches around here?" Her grandma heard me and said, "minor disagreements"

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        Sounds like your faith is more in man than Him. If your faith is in the church you will always be let down, disappointed or crapped on! Our salvation doesn't come from a church or even religion.
                        You either believe Jesus is the son of God, was crucified, died and rose again on the third day or you don't. All that other stuff don't matter.

This statement is so true, and after having been going to a church all my 56+ yrs of life, the past few years I have really been disappointed in or let down by some 'church' people I once admired. What I have learned only in the past year, or rather was reminded of, is that the Church is NOT the building or a particular group of people but instead is each individual person who's soul purpose is to lead others to Jesus and use whatever talents they have in doing that. All that matters is what God sees in me, that I strive to please Him, and that I be an example that others might see Jesus through me. And wow, I've got a ways to go.

Comment

I hear ya...been hurt by church people as much as anyone.

I can answer your questions as far as the Bible gives us answers.

probably be a better conversation over coffee than a forum and text.

I am/have been a pastor/evangelist/prison chaplain and bible teacher with the "credentials" to go along with it...when I opened and read the bible for myself...it really jacked me up when it comes to dealing with church people.

I guess you could say I love Jesus but cannot stand some of His churches.

Anyways...I pray things turn out well for you and the Mrs.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post

Ahh I almost forgot about this response from church goers. The ol “don’t blame god for our crappiness.” You obviously failed to read my2nd paragraph.

It’s not people I’ve lost my faith in, it’s questioning the reality of the existence of a god who would predicate the execution of a system of faith of which the outcome is either eternal life or eternal ****ation on flawed humans ? Seems like a pretty iffy strategy. His own word says that believers are his hands and feet, so when they hurt you, is it not Jesus’s body doing the striking? I’ll get right to the point… if JESUS is in the business of changing lives, he pretty much sucks at executing his purpose based on my experience and observations of being raised in and an active part of the church for 41 years. If the word is that powerful how can people sit and hear the word over and over, claim to be a “born again believer”, and yet to be the same crappy person? At some point you have to say this is broken?

So no, my faith isn’t in people, I’ve lost faith the existence of God, and if he does exist, he’s pretty awful at being in control of this world.
                            Last edited by Playa; 07-19-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Playa, please make some space for an incoming PM. I tried but it got booted. Thanks.

Comment

God is not in control of the world satan is its evident the Bible tells us at 1 John 5:19 and Revelation 12:12 unfortunately a lot of well meaning folks loose sight of this and propagate misnomers.I understand you Playa it’s hard to see through the smoke at a lot of religions seem to make it worse.One thing I did was really really investigated the Bible and it’s accuracy,not that I wanted to prove it wrong but if I was going to hang my hat on it I wanted to know I could count on it.And dang it the more I dug and put pressure on it,it came up accurate.Historically,scientifically,medicaly,mora lly,genealogically I couldn’t believe just how legitimate it was.In my observations the Bible is the only book that you can apply everything it says and do you no harm,no other book I’ve read can I say that about.Once I was able to put trust in the Bible and it’s author then I had something to put trust in.I really came to believe we had a creator who cares for us knows the stars of the heaven the hair on our head and when a sparrow fails to the ground.Having trust in the Bible allows me to use it as a tool to draw close to God but measure myself and any other knuckle head that wants to preach at me or tell me a version.I have seen 1 Tim 3:16;17 fulfilled lots of times All scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching and setting things straight.I’m thankful I was able to prove the scriptures true to myself It has given me confidence in Jehovah God and Jesus saving power and the ability to see false beliefs a mile away.

Comment

Working...
                                X