Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost...

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
    Our is about $5,000 a person. We are sightseeing for a few days prior to fishing.

Our fishing lodge is Tower Rock Lodge. 3 days salmon, 1 day halibut, 1 day float plane to a remote lake.

Yes, what he said on cost per person for a 9-12 day trip

Comment

We are going on an extended family trip and doing a cruise. My family wanting to go early or stay late (depending on way of the cruise) and fish for a few days at least. I know it not gonna be cheap but how much is it to ship the fish back and is it pretty simple?

Comment

I fly Alaska Air to Ketchikan. All my catch is frozen daily. Then put in an insulated fish box from the local stores (Walmart and Tongass sell them) and check in as luggage. I do not know about shipping costs otherwise. I know someone here will.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall0 View Post
          We are going on an extended family trip and doing a cruise. My family wanting to go early or stay late (depending on way of the cruise) and fish for a few days at least. I know it not gonna be cheap but how much is it to ship the fish back and is it pretty simple?
          Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
          I fly Alaska Air to Ketchikan. All my catch is frozen daily. Then put in an insulated fish box from the local stores (Walmart and Tongass sell them) and check in as luggage. I do not know about shipping costs otherwise. I know someone here will.
          We will be in Kenai early next month and for convenience I checked on just shipping home. Definitely cheaper to bring it back as checked luggage. Overnight shipping can cost up to $300/box.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
            Check on upgrading your flight home to First Class with 2 free checked bags. We did that last time and the cost of check baggage offset the upgrade. MUCH better flight!

Comment

watching for the trip updates

Comment

Alaska bound

Originally posted by Tall0 View Post

Do NOT ship unless that’s your only option since you are doing the cruise…My buddy said oh it won’t be that much and it was $200 to ship 30lbs of salmon from one trip and over $600 to ship 75lbs of halibut, salmon and rockfish! There are places all over that will package and freeze for you and it’s really easy and much cheaper to just check it as luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good friend of mine is guiding trips out of Seward. This is his first year as a captain.

Comment

Well sounds like I will work on it being checked baggage. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                      Kenai peninsula.
                      We fished out of Seldovia a few years ago, it was an amazing experience. Good luck! Click image for larger version

Name:	alaska desktop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	24656661

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                        Check on upgrading your flight home to First Class with 2 free checked bags. We did that last time and the cost of check baggage offset the upgrade. MUCH better flight!
                        Thanks Mary. I shall.......

Comment

Just a few pics to get you pumped about your trip! I have done some cool trips but Alaska was easily one of my favorites!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed that way early August

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                              Headed that way early August
                              Really? We are too. Where are you going?

Comment

We leave Wednesday for the Kenai Peninsula and Kodiak Island. Have a sockeye and king salmon trip booked, as well as a number of different tours.

Comment

Working...
                                X