No announcement yet.

Smith Sunglasses shout out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith Guides Choice are awesome! I've dropped and abused them and not a scratch. Dropped the dang Costas once and lens cracked. Sent them in and they sent me an invoice for $90 to replace one lens. Sierratrading.com runs some good deals on Smith's at times.
    Originally posted by canny View Post
    I just ordered them but went off their specs based on the ones I’ve worn before. I ordered a pair of Guides Choice with Bronze Mirror Glass lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Smith is by far the best glasses you can get. I have 2 pair over 14 years old that I wear daily.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
        That’s good to hear. I just bought a pair oh Maui’s after wearing Costas for years.

I just did the same thing after Costas customer service jerked me around

Comment

I had my last pair of Smiths for like 12 years. They make quality shades

Comment

I've been wearing Smith's since the 90's

Still wearing them today.

Comment

Did they get to you pretty quick after ordering? I need to replace my beat up Costa's, but we go out of town on Sunday. Says 3-5 days for shipping.

Comment

Thanks. I have been a fan of Shady Rays for years. Have to look around

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  Did they get to you pretty quick after ordering? I need to replace my beat up Costa's, but we go out of town on Sunday. Says 3-5 days for shipping.
                  I just ordered 3 pairs of Smiths on the evening of June 13th which was a Sunday. They shipped June 14th which was Monday and arrived at my house on June 16th which was Wednesday. They give you options for shipping and you can go with whatever option fits.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                    Smith Guides Choice are awesome!
                    The Guide's Choice frames are what I use. I love the spring hinges. I use to get Costas with spring hinges and they have slowly done away with the models that had those. They make a big difference in how well the frames hold up, for me anyway.

Get the glass lenses. They just don't scratch nearly as easily and they aren't that much more money. I used the glass techlite green mirrored lenses for a long time and they were great. Then went to the green mirrored glass chromapop lenses when they came available and liked them better. I just got the bronze mirrored glass chromapop lenses and I really like them, probably even more than the green mirrors. I have had blue mirrored techlite and blue mirrored chromapops as well for offshore and they are great if you like a grey based lens.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                      The Guide's Choice frames are what I use. I love the spring hinges. I use to get Costas with spring hinges and they have slowly done away with the models that had those. They make a big difference in how well the frames hold up, for me anyway.

Get the glass lenses. They just don't scratch nearly as easily and they aren't that much more money. I used the glass techlite green mirrored lenses for a long time and they were great. Then went to the green mirrored glass chromapop lenses when they came available and liked them better. I just got the bronze mirrored glass chromapop lenses and I really like them, probably even more than the green mirrors. I have had blue mirrored techlite and blue mirrored chromapops as well for offshore and they are great if you like a grey based lens.

Update…. After receiving the response from Smith I decided to warranty an older pair of Smiths that were purchased in 2016 on sale off Amazon. Same thing, scratched lenses. Received an email this morning with a $200 voucher since they were poly lenses and not glass. No questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                        Update…. After receiving the response from Smith I decided to warranty an older pair of Smiths that were purchased in 2016 on sale off Amazon. Same thing, scratched lenses. Received an email this morning with a $200 voucher since they were poly lenses and not glass. No questions asked.

Wow! I'm sold.

Comment

I’ve been wearing Smiths for at least 5 years and couldn’t be happier.

Comment

Working...
                          X