Abbot and suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Me too. As far as I see it, it's no different than Colorado allowing marijuana sales. I hope a bunch of guys start selling suppressors only, and don't get an FFL because they only sell in state.

I would gladly purchase one from them, in cash. And then lose all my firearms in a boating accident.
    The problem is your last statement... The only way to beat these tyrants is mass non compliance, not hiding things.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Me too. As far as I see it, it's no different than Colorado allowing marijuana sales. I hope a bunch of guys start selling suppressors only, and don't get an FFL because they only sell in state.

I would gladly purchase one from them, in cash. And then lose all my firearms in a boating accident.
      Exactly.
      Lot of people went to jail over the yrs to get the Marijuana laws where they are now.
      Lot of black people died to get the freedom they now have.
      Lot of boys died on foreign soils so we could be where are now.
      On and on.
      Nobody wants to even be inconvenienced these days.
      It's takes some balls to make progress, because they are definitely not going to just hand it to us.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Not many even know punctuation.[emoji6][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It’s spelled punkshoeashun! Duh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
          Furthermore I wonder if your average machinist could manufacture for personal use so long as it is inscribed "Made In Texas".
          What makes you think that ain't already happening

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
          no read all the liturashure on the law don't ask here nobody here knows gun laws
          Yes because apples lawnmower toothpaste?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            What makes you think that ain't already happening

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
            Nothing at all, I'm just looking for clarification for when I can "legally" get to tinkering.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
              Agreed because the first thing the ATF will do in a raid is pull their records and see who they sold an unregistered suppressor to. I can't see them doing "cash" sales.
              What record would they pull? If they are selling without going thru the NFA process there would be none and it's not a firearm so no 4473.

Sales receipts don't necessarily have to include customer information and I'm sure anyone looking to circumvent the feds would not be foolish enough to make it easy for them to track.

Pay cash and there would be no electronic footprints for anyone to follow. The issue comes from your usage at the public range when someone starts snooping for the feds, or if you are ever searched going to, or from a shooting session with it on you and you have no papers. You probably are going to need an attorney at that point. I don't think they will back off just because it says Made in Texas. Until then just like everything else it ain't a thing till you get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                Nothing at all, I'm just looking for clarification for when I can "legally" get to tinkering.
                hey if you do and wouldn't mind someone watching to learn the ropes, holler at me. I'm in Spring too, in fact I'm probably a 10 minute walk to F1.

Comment

The big risk is for the manufacturers of said suppressors. I would image ATF will lock up owners and not allow them to sell anything related to firearms if they get caught selling without a stamp. Even "intrastate" merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                    It's a milestone. Just like states legalizing marijuana, whether you agree with those states or not, they set precedent in states rights. The feds are not intervening as it was assumed they might. I've never been a big fan of suppressors, simply because I didn't/don't think they add much to my hobby, although I might would have one on a .22, IF they were legal, and cheaper. A suppressor isn't a firearm. it isn't an "arm" at all. The only claim the feds have to regulation is interstate commerce.
                    Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                    Is it still a firearm? Do they fill out the 4473? Is it bought over the counter and walk out with no paper work like buying any other accessory? If it is not ATF regulated there shouldn't be any paper work.
                    Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                    What record would they pull? If they are selling without going thru the NFA process there would be none and it's not a firearm so no 4473.

Sales receipts don't necessarily have to include customer information and I'm sure anyone looking to circumvent the feds would not be foolish enough to make it easy for them to track.

Pay cash and there would be no electronic footprints for anyone to follow. The issue comes from your usage at the public range when someone starts snooping for the feds, or if you are ever searched going to, or from a shooting session with it on you and you have no papers. You probably are going to need an attorney at that point. I don't think they will back off just because it says Made in Texas. Until then just like everything else it ain't a thing till you get caught.
                    From the ATF website...
                    "The term “Firearm” means: Any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; The frame or receiver of any such weapon; Any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or. Any destructive device."

Comment

Once Paxton gets the fed. Judges ruling on this the ABC boys won't have a leg to stand on. I'm sure they may try but won't win. And I'm sure they will harass the suppressor maker to make sure everything down to the metal came from Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        Exactly.
                        Lot of people went to jail over the yrs to get the Marijuana laws where they are now.
                        Lot of black people died to get the freedom they now have.
                        Lot of boys died on foreign soils so we could be where are now.
                        On and on.
                        Nobody wants to even be inconvenienced these days.
                        It's takes some balls to make progress, because they are definitely not going to just hand it to us.
                        Preach

Comment

Does LaRue make their own suppressor or do they get it from someone else?

Excuse me but I gotta check into this new fuel filter ad I saw on the book of faces.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                            The problem is your last statement... The only way to beat these tyrants is mass non compliance, not hiding things.
                            I hear you. But everyone knows what boating accident means except the morons. And if someone can't think critically enough to figure out what boating accident means, I don't want them on my side.

Comment

I think someone in Kansas already tried this a few years ago. They are in the hoosegow now.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                                Once Paxton gets the fed. Judges ruling on this the ABC boys won't have a leg to stand on. I'm sure they may try but won't win. And I'm sure they will harass the suppressor maker to make sure everything down to the metal came from Texas.
                                Last time i checked there are no titanium mines in Texas. Likewise, aluminum or stainless steel.

Comment

Working...
                                X