No announcement yet.

Abbot and suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem I see is that a Federal Firearms License is just that............ Federal. What happens to a dealer that's selling "Made in Texas" suppressors when the ATF comes knocking on the door?

DJ

Comment

No “if”, the bill has been signed, along with a number of others relating to the 2nd A.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
        The problem I see is that a Federal Firearms License is just that............ Federal. What happens to a dealer that's selling "Made in Texas" suppressors when the ATF comes knocking on the door?

DJ
        They will spend a fortune in court. Probably go bankrupt. And probably go to prison. But I wish them luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          Wonder how that would work with Form1 builds. If your obtained material in state and manufactured it yourself and then stamped “made in Texas”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you're taking the steps to adhere to federal law then that'd be on you would be my guess. Furthermore I wonder if your average machinist could manufacture for personal use so long as it is inscribed "Made In Texas".

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            They will spend a fortune in court. Probably go bankrupt. And probably go to prison. But I wish them luck.
            Maybe my money will help them with court cost.
            Even if they lose, it's a step in the right direction, and at least someone had the balls to take to stand.
            Maybe Texas will back them up.
            Anything is better than the bowing down that keeps happening yr after yr.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              Even if they lose, it's a step in the right direction, and at least someone had the balls to take to stand.
              Agreed. The entire NFA registry needs to be abolished. But I’m not going to prison to “help the fight”. Better off just building one and shutting up.

Comment

Agreed. The entire NFA registry needs to be abolished. But I’m not going to prison to “help the fight”. Better off just building one and shutting up.
                Agreed because the first thing the ATF will do in a raid is pull their records and see who they sold an unregistered suppressor to. I can't see them doing "cash" sales.

Comment

I'm not going to prison either, so maybe that's where we fight...
                  Do we just take it forever cuz we're worried about losing our freedom, while they continually take more and more freedoms away anyway?
                  Especially with this admin.
                  How much bending of the knee are we willing to do, just to keep our guns, or whatever we're "allowed".
                  I'm not directing this at you, just pondering.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                    So with the new law passing how does the made in Texas suppressor work? If it’s still a federal law on suppressors but Texas would allow it? So would need a federal law enforcement to arrest you vs local? Confused on that.

I hate carrying my paperwork and crap and wish it was regulated like a normal firearm.

Scott
                    no read all the liturashure on the law don't ask here nobody here knows gun laws

Comment

I'm not going to prison either, so maybe that's where we fight...
                      Do we just take it forever cuz we're worried about losing our freedom, while they continually take more and more freedoms away anyway?
                      Especially with this admin.
                      How much bending of the knee are we willing to do, just to keep our guns, or whatever we're "allowed".
                      I'm not directing this at you, just pondering.
                      I’ve heard a lot of folks say they’ve had enough and they won’t budge. They keep budging haha.

Comment

It's a milestone. Just like states legalizing marijuana, whether you agree with those states or not, they set precedent in states rights. The feds are not intervening as it was assumed they might. I've never been a big fan of suppressors, simply because I didn't/don't think they add much to my hobby, although I might would have one on a .22, IF they were legal, and cheaper. A suppressor isn't a firearm. it isn't an "arm" at all. The only claim the feds have to regulation is interstate commerce.

Comment

This. I wouldn't even think about buying a suppressor without a stamp until this is hashed out in court. Ten years in prison and loss of your 2nd amendment rights forever isn't worth making a point. That being said, I hope the feds lose biggly in court and we can tell them to FO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                            no read all the liturashure on the law don't ask here nobody here knows gun laws

Not many even know punctuation.[emoji6][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me too. As far as I see it, it's no different than Colorado allowing marijuana sales. I hope a bunch of guys start selling suppressors only, and don't get an FFL because they only sell in state.

I would gladly purchase one from them, in cash. And then lose all my firearms in a boating accident.

Comment

Is it still a firearm? Do they fill out the 4473? Is it bought over the counter and walk out with no paper work like buying any other accessory? If it is not ATF regulated there shouldn't be any paper work.

Comment

Working...
                                X