No announcement yet.

Granite/Quartz Ballpark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on the slab your wife wants. Wife was over $85 a foot on ours and she did not go with the most expensive granite in the wholesale yards. We were allow into 2 places and we purchased the granite from the wholesale yard and I had a company do the install so no markup on the slabs themselves. Some of the black slabs were crazy expensive. I remember one slab was about$200 ft. I forget what i paid for install.
    Last edited by glen; 05-29-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Yes its possible. Id say 3500 -4500 will be final cost if you go with a mid-grade choice. Id go with granite or quartzite. I would never install quartz in my kitchen as hot pots and pans can melt it. .

Comment

Get remnants for baths and possibly laundry. I pay $25 ft for these and they are top of the line granite. What they are is pieces from slabs already used on other jobs. I usually do top of the line in kitchen and laundry and remnants in all other areas. RutnBuk is correct that quartz will burn but also you will have to remember to seal the granite each year as it releases radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
          why is the price based on sqft installed if you pay for waste, which is not installed?

That is exactly why I told the first company to kick rocks. We picked a slab that was $70/sf installed. I asked multiple times prior to the company measuring if we had to pay for waste and was told no. The kitchen measured 60 SF exactly but after they made templates we ended up with 73 SF due to waste and where they wanted the seams. I refused to pay $70/sf for 13 sf of granite that is trashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Granite/Quartz Ballpark

We are going through a small kitchen remodel as well. We only need about 60 Sq ft for the countertops, but have to buy two slabs because of shape. We are also getting a new sink and backsplash.

For the granite and everything installed including backsplash, we are paying around$6,500.

If we were just doing the granite, it would come out to around $3900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by 44mAG; 05-29-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
              RutnBuk is correct that quartz will burn but also you will have to remember to seal the granite each year as it releases radiation.
              The radiation is minimal and harmless. Unless your sealing it with lead, the sealer is to keep bacteria out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do yourself a favor and call Brothers Solid Surface in Haltom. AWESOME folks that do great work. They were just out this week measuring my kitchen in a new build. They do a ton of work for my dads company. Tell them the guys next door sent you!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  It depends on the slab your wife wants. Wife was over $85 a foot on ours and she did not go with the most expensive granite in the wholesale yards. We were allow into 2 places and we purchased the granite from the wholesale yard and I had a company do the install so no markup on the slabs themselves. Some of the black slabs were crazy expensive. I remember one slab was about$200 ft. I forget what i paid for install.
                  Except that the wholesale yard who sold you the slabs directly charged you significantly more, sometimes 2-3 times more, than if they sold the slabs to the fabricators who actually know what stone should cost.

Comment

Nope. I went and pick out the slab. Lady that owns company met me out there. Asked me the slab #s and went in. Came out and told me what to walk in and pay cash for it. But you are right for most part. It was also better on me as I bought 6 slabs at one time. We bought enough for kitchen and two master baths. Cash in hand also helps for some reason even though its was all recorded sales with receipts. Cash has a mental power that helps the buyer

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      $85 per foot for raw slabs is crazy high. $200 is unconscionable (unless bronzite with gold veining). 😂

Comment

Not sure what it was. It was Black something. I was amazed at the price tag. And yep I know $85 is crazy high- it was also leather finish. I had nothing to do with it. It was a big selling point in the house we sold. I didnt like the house really. Travertine in both master baths and even the ceilings. Designs in the floors and they were difficult to keep clean. Also in the other bathrooms we had vestibule sinks which i hate and to me don’t function.

Comment

Home Depot/Lowes will charge you for everything that you do. $100 for sink cut out, $50 for faucet holes, extra charge per LF for Back Splash & rounding the edges. By the time they are thru their $55 SF will end up $90+

Comment

Working...
                          X