Stuck in Caldwell...Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck in Caldwell...Need Help

Heading to Bryan from Austin. Weather bad so stopped at hotel in Caldwell. Hotel is now calf-deep under water, so we’re leaving. Hotel is at intersection of Hwy 21 and Broadway; intersection is flooded, nobody getting through. We are stuck on the Austin side of this intersection, looking for a work around.

If anyone has please let me know. Life not in danger. It won’t be the first time I’ve slept in my car.

Sorry can't help you. Good luck bump.

Comment

Can you go down Broadway and cross the railroad tracks ?

Comment

Try the Walmart on 36.

Comment

Update: made it through Caldwell. All is good.

Comment

I am guessing flooded under the tracks on 21? Broadway to old San Antonio and then you might get across the tracks and can get back to 21.

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                Try the Walmart on 36.
                You mean this one? This was about an hour ago.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you made it safe, but watch out for high water.

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
                    You mean this one? This was about an hour ago.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Wow

Comment

Just made it thru there. The Hwy 36 RR under pass was about to close. We detoured back roads to the northeast to fm 60 to Lyons then no problems to Brenham. Its **** floating basically from Abilene to Brenham. Its pouring in Brenham as we speak.
                      Glad you made it out safe.

Comment

6" in Fayetteville in the last couple hours. on top of the 20" we have had the last two weeks. that is more than we have in total since Harvey.

Comment

Finally made it out of Caldwell. Took forever but no worse for wear.

Thanks to all who sent info. It was extremely helpful. We finally made it to the Walmart parking lot. Many roads still under water so we sat there eating Goldfish crackers, fully prepared to spend the night there. Ultimately, the rain let up so we ventured ahead, found Broadway, then (somehow) Old San Antonio Hwy, and somehow, by the grace of God, ended up back on 21 headed to Bryan. (I say “by the grace of God because, actually, I was trying to get to 39 to make my way to Hearne, then ultimately to Bryan. Not sure what happened to Hearne...)

Thanks again, all. I am now warm and dry and tucked into bed.

Comment

Working...
                          X