No announcement yet.

Tunnel V swapping ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These boats are slow hulls. My 24 El Pescador gets shallow enough for me and I can eat up bay chop better than most boats. I am never in a hurry. I would say my cruising speed is 20 give or take a few. Boat tops out about 42 WOT. It works out well for my purposes. I will also take it in the Gulf and dont get beat up. I have been on cats in the gulf and needed a mouth piece to keep my teeth from chipping.

Comment

The only hull that I have found that lets you play well in both worlds, chop - offshore, & crazy skinny is the C25 Mowdy Cat. There is a reason you see tons of them in & around POC. I love mine. Now I can let my boys drive w/o the concerns I had with my T/V.
      My only concern now is when I finally stick the Mowdy it may require a helicopter to get it out. Drafts in 10" but will run through super skinny water.

Comment

My old rig.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
          Explain Kali's law. ....the operator and some boaters must be attached to the kill switch....?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          The name of the law is misleading. The law requires the operator to wear a kill switch. Kali was a passenger and the operator was not ejected. So, the operator wearing a kill switch wouldn't have saved her.

Comment

Ken you are making assumptions. I was on a boat driving when it swapped ends. I stayed in the boat but kill switch did its job. Wearing a kill switch has never been a bad idea just like wearing a motorcycle helmet.

Comment

Is a haynie Bigfoot a tunnel V? I own one but am a little ignorant on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                Is a haynie Bigfoot a tunnel V? I own one but am a little ignorant on the subject.
                No sir don't believe that would be considered a tunnel v.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Ken you are making assumptions. I was on a boat driving when it swapped ends. I stayed in the boat but kill switch did its job. Wearing a kill switch has never been a bad idea just like wearing a motorcycle helmet.
                  I personally know 2 men who have died in 2 separate boating incidents.(Before the law) Both were chopped up by the prop.
                  A kill switch would have saved both..

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                    The name of the law is misleading. The law requires the operator to wear a kill switch. Kali was a passenger and the operator was not ejected. So, the operator wearing a kill switch wouldn't have saved her.
                    you don't have to be ejected. the lanyard only stretches' a couple feet.

Comment

How would the operator with a kill switch have saved Kali? Was he thrown as well?
                      I'm in favor of kill switches. Always required in the tournament's I've fished since the early 90s. That and always having a life jacket on while big motor is running have instilled some very good habits in me to this day. It's second nature like wearing a seatbelt in the truck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                        Lots of poor Hull designs on the market, see junk on the bay every day
                        Very true, and some of that junk comes with huge price tags.

Comment

Appreciate all the info fellas.

Comment

Working...
                          X