No announcement yet.

New Truck Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s all cars. Chip shortage, it has been insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
      Supposed to get it in 4-6 wks
      So there are thousands of 21 model F250s sitting in storage waiting on computer chips, but you are getting a 2022 already? How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
        I had my wife's Lexus in at our Toyota dealer this morning for an oil change.

While waiting for it I struck up a conversation with a couple of the sales people. They told me every new vehicle being sold by them right now is pre-sold before it hits their lot.

They had just a few new vehicles even on the lot and not many more used o es and they are all priced at a premium.

They tried to sell me on trading my wife's GX460 in on something else. Told me we would get top dollar for it.. I just laughed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        I had my oil changed a few weeks ago and the same convo took place with me and the service manager. For the next few weeks I shopped around to find what I wanted and when I did, I traded. Got about 11.5k more for my old truck than when I bought it new 2 years ago. That dealer has it listed for only 3k more than what I traded it in for. Which is insane to me knowing someone will pay that for that truck.

Comment

SD scheduling at the Kentucky plant does not even start till early July. Be lucky to get one by mid September to October I would bet. I hope sooner I have a 22 on order as well.

Comment

$12,000 off sticker for a Night Edition 1500 2 weeks ago. It was a better deal than I could find before the fathom chip shortage.

Comment

I have had a Colorado ZR2 on order for 5 months, they have not picked the order up yet, I also tried to order a 2022 Denali HD last week, they are not accepting orders right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KBM View Post
                I had my oil changed a few weeks ago and the same convo took place with me and the service manager. For the next few weeks I shopped around to find what I wanted and when I did, I traded. Got about 11.5k more for my old truck than when I bought it new 2 years ago. That dealer has it listed for only 3k more than what I traded it in for. Which is insane to me knowing someone will pay that for that truck.
                Wow.

I checked Dennis Dillons website last night just for S&G and saw they only had 5 RAM 2500 trucks listed for sale.... these guys usually have at least 200 on the lot. Same went for Kernersville out of NC. They have 14 megacabs right now and only 5 are diesel. CRAZINESS!!!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Chevy guys expect prices to go up close to 10K in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                    $12,000 off sticker for a Night Edition 1500 2 weeks ago. It was a better deal than I could find before the fathom chip shortage.
                    The "fathom" shortage has been going on for a year. The wife has wanted a Telluride since last March, I'm not going over sticker to buy the **** thing.
                    Last edited by Chad C; 05-25-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      The "fathom" shortage has been going on for a year. The wife has wanted a Telluride since last March, I'm not going over sticker to buy the **** thing.

Same here. We passed on buying the Telluride for this very reason. No one was willing to budge off sticker and some were even doing ADM. nope not gonna do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        I wanted to test drive a Telluride in November of 2019. They wouldn't let me drive it until I put at least $1000 down payment, they ran my credit and they also said they would only sell it for MSRP. Needless to say, I told them what I thought about that and walked out.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X