No announcement yet.

Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question. Unless the welfare list hasn’t been updated. It’s interesting who got the first loans but didn’t get the second ones. I would hazard a guess that they obviously didn’t need the first one. Being that they didn’t qualify for the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Another question. Unless the welfare list hasn’t been updated. It’s interesting who got the first loans but didn’t get the second ones. I would hazard a guess that they obviously didn’t need the first one. Being that they didn’t qualify for the second one.
      Do you own a business with employees?

Comment

You are most likely correct with that guess. The first round was more of a “what could potentially happen” set of questions, the second round had some “what actually happened” questions on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
          Do you own a business with employees?
          I don’t but am a major stockholder in one that does. And have owned several businesses in the past that did. The government never bailed me out in hard times.

Comment

I’m perplexed about this. Unemployment benefits were so generous that many people preferred to stay at home cause they received more money than actually working. But businesses got payroll protection loans? Why? Wouldn’t it have made sense to lay workers off?
            No because most kept working and double dipped

Comment

It was a screwed up deal all around, but bottom line you would be stupid not to take it. Somebody’s getting the funds.....and you will help pay for it either way. Just facts

Comment

I’m perplexed about this. Unemployment benefits were so generous that many people preferred to stay at home cause they received more money than actually working. But businesses got payroll protection loans? Why? Wouldn’t it have made sense to lay workers off?

It is obvious that you are perplexed.

There are a multitude of reasons why laying your workers off doesn’t make sense. You have money and time invested in training them. While business slowed for most, it didn’t stop. If you lay off your workers then you cannot service the business that you do have. The list of reasons goes on and on........

For those who own businesses and feel the obligation to their employees your question of “why don’t you just lay people off” is perplexing.....and ignorant.

Comment

I don’t but am a major stockholder in one that does. And have owned several businesses in the past that did. The government never bailed me out in hard times.
                  During that time did the government ever tell you to close your business? Or were any of your customers business forced to close resulting in profit loss to where you feared laying off employees?

Comment

It was a huge benefit for us. We employ more people now than we ever have as a by-product of this PPP deal.

Comment

Thanks for all of the folks that used this program as designed!! You not only helped your workers but their families included. Hopefully you will get dividends with their loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                        It is obvious that you are perplexed.

There are a multitude of reasons why laying your workers off doesn’t make sense. You have money and time invested in training them. While business slowed for most, it didn’t stop. If you lay off your workers then you cannot service the business that you do have. The list of reasons goes on and on........

For those who own businesses and feel the obligation to their employees your question of “why don’t you just lay people off” is perplexing.....and ignorant.

I'm guessing he doesn't work with skilled hands otherwise he'd understand the need to keep a crew that is capable vs cutting them loose.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                          Thanks for all of the folks that used this program as designed!! You not only helped your workers but their families included. Hopefully you will get dividends with their loyalty.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
                            During that time did the government ever tell you to close your business? Or were any of your customers business forced to close resulting in profit loss to where you feared laying off employees?
                            No, they would have been deemed an essential business. Just like pretty much every business during this scandemic. Other than bars, hair salons, and dine in restaurants nothing around here shut down.

Comment

Man I'm torn on all this. I can tell you that a number of Texas businesses in the senior health care industry, nursing homes specifically, would not have survived without the assistance. Their costs skyrocketed while their occupancy went way down in many cases.

Comment

I am really torn on the whole thing. On one hand, handouts are crap, however this is another “Loophole” that businesses had at their disposal due to fight the govt mandated shutdowns. Either way it is dangerous in the long run but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X