No announcement yet.

2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not as tied to Lubbock as you might think.

Comment

Also, it was just a suggestion. No need to get panties in a wad.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
        Aggies need to kick Childress to the curb and go hire McConnell or Tadlock.
        Childress is done after this season. He knows it, the assistants know it, the players know it, the recruits know it....rebuild is coming. Heefner is a name being thrown around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Lol. Just "go hire" Tim Tadlock, huh.

Tadlock already said no to aggies

Comment

Dude, he played for tech.....its his alma mater.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              Childress is done after this season. He knows it, the assistants know it, the players know it, the recruits know it....rebuild is coming. Heefner is a name being thrown around.
              Heefner would be a good fit there. But, I bet TAMU tries to toss a little more money around first before going to Heefner.

Comment

Heefner would be a good fit there. But, I bet TAMU tries to toss a little more money around first before going to Heefner.
                As long as they’ve “stuck it out” with Childress.....who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  As long as they’ve “stuck it out” with Childress.....who knows.
                  Childress has done some good stuff with the program and is solid coach, but something is just missing right now. I think a change would be good for both he and the University. No reason that A&M shouldnt be able to compete year in/year out and be in Omaha on a regular basis.

Comment

Interested to know what leads you to believe that?

I’m not saying he can’t be lured away from Tech, but I don’t think it would ever be college station that managed that.

Comment

Aggies need to kick Childress to the curb and go hire McConnell or Tadlock.
                      Hahahaha dream on buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Interested to know what leads you to believe that?

I’m not saying he can’t be lured away from Tech, but I don’t think it would ever be college station that managed that.
                        I had a good, long conversation with Tadlock one day in the inside hitting cages at Tech as the guys were testing bats. He was one of the most genuine and down to earth guys I have ever talked to. We actually discussed the Texas offer and why he is at Tech. He asked me where I went to school and when I told him Texas, he said "you know they made me an offer, right?" which I was shocked he was telling me about it. It was not in a way to brag or even discuss it, just the commonality we had about Texas.

His comments were basically, I have everything I need to win at Tech. I agreed with him that he has built a great program and does not seem to be a guy that can be pulled away very easily as long as he's getting everything he wants at Tech. After Beard left for Texas, there is NO WAY that Hocutt can save his job if he is not able to keep Tadlock from leaving. I will never say a coach couldn't leave, but that is going to be a really hard pull.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                          This is correct. They have limited it to 50 percent. Speculation is that they would like to choose bigger venues so the numbers at 50 percent still look solid. This plays into Tech, TCU, Texas and most SEC teams over the likes of Fairfield.
                          This is what I was getting at. Just did a poor job of explaining it

Comment

Anyone planning on going to Omaha this year? Went a few years ago and had an absolute blast. Hoping to go back this year regardless who's in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              I had a good, long conversation with Tadlock one day in the inside hitting cages at Tech as the guys were testing bats. He was one of the most genuine and down to earth guys I have ever talked to. We actually discussed the Texas offer and why he is at Tech. He asked me where I went to school and when I told him Texas, he said "you know they made me an offer, right?" which I was shocked he was telling me about it. It was not in a way to brag or even discuss it, just the commonality we had about Texas.

His comments were basically, I have everything I need to win at Tech. I agreed with him that he has built a great program and does not seem to be a guy that can be pulled away very easily as long as he's getting everything he wants at Tech. After Beard left for Texas, there is NO WAY that Hocutt can save his job if he is not able to keep Tadlock from leaving. I will never say a coach couldn't leave, but that is going to be a really hard pull.

Agree with you. Have recieved the same feel after conversations with him. One of the biggest difference bw him and Beard is that Tadlock played for and graduated from Tech. Those heart strings can be hard to separate. That can be said for any coach currently coaching at their alma mater though. Tech has to keep giving him everything they can to help him be successful

Comment

Guy I know happens to hunt with someone who was in the room when Texas offered Tadlock. Tadlock accepted, and then Texas reneged on a few things and both sides walked away (ie. Patterson ****ed it up). There’s more to it but that’s all I can say for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X