Concealed Carry and Dog Poop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Does it matter how you say it? Unless it's recorded or others hear it the big mean gun owners word against the other guy (unless he's dead). I think we know how it would be twisted.
    I said "maybe" and finished with a question on how a jury would decide in today's climate.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      https://youtu.be/58sP8azcHfQ
      Tell him Callahan style.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Perfect!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
        That is not true. You have the right to defend yourself no matter what. If i'm carrying my weapon concealed, a person walks up and hits me in the face, I have the right to defend myself with my fist or my weapon. Please reread the laws people. If you walk up and hit someone in the face, provoked or unprovoked, you are looking at a felony assault, you would then possibly lose your right to conceal carry.
        A victim cannot instantly pull a gun and shoot an attacker who raises a fist or slaps or punches the victim without trying another way of fending off the attack, because that would be more force than was reasonably necessary. This is from a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
          A victim cannot instantly pull a gun and shoot an attacker who raises a fist or slaps or punches the victim without trying another way of fending off the attack, because that would be more force than was reasonably necessary. This is from a lawyer.
          Again, not true. From a very well known attorney, key words, if you feel for your life, you have the right to protect yourself in any fashion. Proven in a court of law.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Something is amiss if a minor public decency infraction starts thoughts of deadly force.
            Even if you weren’t carrying are you going to get in a physical altercation with someone in front of families because you can’t control yourself. Who’s setting the worse example in that scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              So you're saying if you say "hey dude, pick up your dog's crap" then he begins beating you w/a bat deadly force is out the window?

No, but if you start a fight with the Dude over the dog poop and then start to get your butt whipped so you resort to your gun the yes, self defense is out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                Again, not true. From a very well known attorney, key words, if you feel for your life, you have the right to protect yourself in any fashion. Proven in a court of law.

You feel your life is threatened if some one punches you ! Seriously, I am all for protecting ones self but dude your the problem with society today. Someone insults you, or punches you, your afraid to punch them back ? So just shoot um. I would like to see you also try what you have suggested here and see what happens in court. If your so **** sure, why not, your not going to be out anything ? If fact I would love to sit on the jury !
                Last edited by critter69; 05-01-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  No, but if you start a fight with the Dude over the dog poop and then start to get your butt whipped so you resort to your gun the yes, self defense is out the window.
                  I don’t think so..... didn’t George Zimmerman harass travon to the point travon decided to kick his rear end before George shot him?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    I think that is probably correct for the most part or at least the way a jury might see it depending on circumstances.

If you are the instigator in a fight you could still claim self-defense in court and likely a jury will determine if it was truly self-defense. There is always the what ifs.

For example what if you instigated a fist fight. The other guy without justification pulls out a knife and tries to stab you. Just the fact that you wanted to fist fight doesn’t necessarily negate your right of self defense against a knife. Was the other person‘s use of force of a knife against your fists reasonable? If not then I would think a jury might see you have the right of self-defense by using deadly force. I saw plenty of fights when I was in school. If they were just duking it out and one guy pulls a knife, does the other guy lose his right of self defense against an unlawful deadly force simply because he wanted to fight?

Remember the law self-defense says the state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you had no right to use it.

That is why I think that you might be possibly correct that if you start a fight it will look unfavorably on you but there is no law that says you lose the right of self-defense.

Comment

Op never once said the guy had a baseball bat ! They were going to play flag football, so I don’t see were a bat would even come from. Keep your distance, ask politely, and keep walking. That way if he pursues you, what ever happens, will only help your case. But if it turns into a fist fight and you lose, go your marry way, you are not in a life threatening situation unless he pulls or threatens you with a weapon. Even then keep trying to go on your way and let him pursue you. You won’t win in court, if your not in fear of your life, (as in he has pulled some sort of weapon) , a regular old *** whooping, its not justifiable cause. It’s a poor excuse of a man, that thinks they can resort to their weapons for any reason what so ever. It’s what is eating away at our second amendment right now. Then you have morons on here thinking they can shoot someone for any reason that might hurt their feelings. We are in a world of hurt as a country right now, and even some of the things here prove it, society is going to “ poop”. It’s easier to shoot a guy, then punch a guy, and risk getting punched back, friken crazy !
                      Last edited by critter69; 05-01-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        I don’t think so..... didn’t George Zimmerman harass travon to the point travon decided to kick his rear end before George shot him?
                        There was no evidence presented Zimmerman had any contact with Martin until Martin attacked him, probably from ambush.

No matter, it goes by the laws of FL and not Texas.

The claims of Zimmerman harassing or chasing Martin down was speculation. The only real evidence is the 911 call and that appears to show that Zimmerman did not chase Martin down (which I think would have been nearly impossible).

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                          I do Love this Archery site......LOL
                          This place is something else, sometimes, ain't it...

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            I think that is probably correct for the most part or at least the way a jury might see it depending on circumstances.

If you are the instigator in a fight you could still claim self-defense in court and likely a jury will determine if it was truly self-defense. There is always the what ifs.

For example what if you instigated a fist fight. The other guy without justification pulls out a knife and tries to stab you. Just the fact that you wanted to fist fight doesn’t necessarily negate your right of self defense against a knife. Was the other person‘s use of force of a knife against your fists reasonable? If not then I would think a jury might see you have the right of self-defense by using deadly force. I saw plenty of fights when I was in school. If they were just duking it out and one guy pulls a knife, does the other guy lose his right of self defense against an unlawful deadly force simply because he wanted to fight?

Remember the law self-defense says the state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you had no right to use it.

That is why I think that you might be possibly correct that if you start a fight it will look unfavorably on you but there is no law that says you lose the right of self-defense.

Agree

Mine was a general statement but you could throw 100’s of plot twist at it that that statement wrong.

Comment

Of course you can’t shoot someone because they’re kicking your tail in a fistfight you instigated. On the other hand, you don’t lose the option to use a gun, if your life is truly threatened, because you said the first words.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                Op never once said the guy had a baseball bat ! They were going to play flag football, so I don’t see were a bat would even come from. Keep your distance, ask politely, and keep walking. That way if he pursues you, what ever happens, will only help your case. But if it turns into a fist fight and you lose, go your marry way, you are not in a life threatening situation unless he pulls or threatens you with a weapon. Even then keep trying to go on your way and let him pursue you. You won’t win in court, if your not in fear of your life, (as in he has pulled some sort of weapon) , a regular old *** whooping, its not justifiable cause. It’s a poor excuse of a man, that thinks they can resort to their weapons for any reason what so ever. It’s what is eating away at our second amendment right now. Then you have morons on here thinking they can shoot someone for any reason that might hurt their feelings. We are in a world of hurt as a country right now, and even some of the things here prove it, society is going to “ poop”. It’s easier to shoot a guy, then punch a guy, and risk getting punched back, friken crazy !
                                You need to check your stupidity at the door bro, you are blowing smoke and you know it. Scared of a fist fight, he'll no. I have fought in the cage and even at 50, ready to roll. I'm saying point blank, I ask someone to pick up some dog **** and then he wants to rumble , let's do it. As long as he throws the first punch, self defense is still in effect, even with my fists. He escalates it to a knife or gun, then fun is over. There are a lot of stupid people in the world and you are proving it. Any time you would like to meet up for a coffee or beer and discuss it like adults, I'm game.

Comment

Working...
                                X