Knife ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife ?'s

Wife found her dad's hunting knife this weekend. It appears hand made. {no markings}

Can you tell me anything about it?

Should I have it polished up?
    Attached Files

That handle "screams" Case... I have an old case that my dad bought me when I was 8 years old... (60 years ago now) that has that EXACT handle on it. Many of the old Case knives had that handle...

Comment

Case would be marked. Plus you can see areas where the handle materials aren't even. My guess would be kit knife made to look like Case. Awesome find. Steel wool lightly, oil and sharpen it up, get it dirty if it was mine.

Comment

With no markings gonna be hard to tell much about it. i would oil it sharpen it and use it.

Comment

Might be a Western.

Comment

Looks like a Western. No makings, no telling. Scoth-brite,oil and sharpen.

Comment

Possibly a Vintage Marbles Knife.

Comment

Any evening ideas??????

Comment

i have my Father in Laws 60 year old Kabar. It's similar in the blade shape and bolster but the handle material is leather. It's also well marked at the base. Cool knife.

Comment

Looks dangerous

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all. My FIL was cheep. Saved every coin he was ever handed back in change.
                      Ya'll are right about the pieces not being ground to match each other. Guess I will put it in the safe with a note for my daughter.
                      Need to make her a hundred notes........................

Comment

I've seen a few similar over the years, the story I was told were they were brought over from Germany after the war.

Comment

Western is my vote

Comment

I'm leaning toward a "kit" knife. When I was a kid in school, those kit knives were pretty popular (kinda like the Tandy Leather company's leatherwork kits...).

Comment

Working...
                            X