X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel Cook Disappearance and $100,000 for information

Williamson County Sheriff's Office story link

From Texas Southwest Cattle Raisers
    For nearly two decades, detectives from the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office (WCSO), along with multiple assisting agencies, have been searching for Rachel Cooke, who went missing Jan. 10, 2002, in Georgetown. On the anniversary of her disappearance, WCSO asked the public’s help and knowledge on a subject in connection to her missing case. The subject was living in the Georgetown area in 2002 and has travelled to multiple cities throughout the state of Texas. They are also known to have been an associate of Rachel’s while she was in the Georgetown area and was involved in the cattle/horse industry. WCSO believes they may have mentioned to an acquaintance the details pertaining to the disappearance of Rachel, likely speaking of the incident in third person and distancing himself from any actual involvement.
    I'm not exactly sure why TSCRA posted this or discussed this other than the suspect is or was involved with the cattle and horse industry. The link above has more information and photographs.

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    Williamson County Sheriff's Office story link

From Texas Southwest Cattle Raisers

I'm not exactly sure why TSCRA posted this or discussed this other than the suspect is or was involved with the cattle and horse industry. The link above has more information and photographs.

Curious why they dont give the name of said ‘subject’? Hows the public to know who they are looking for? Regardless, glad to see another cold case brought back around. Hopefully they find the ‘subject’ and get to interview him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I thought it was curious, too but maybe if they mention the suspect's name he/ she will bolt.

Comment

Most likely wanting someone to come forward and confirm the suspect's name on their own without feeding the info to everyone so unsubstantiated allegations don't start flying. Hope they can get some closure.

Comment

Hope they get closure on this. I wonder where her parents house was in Georgetown? I've always wondered where she was jogging. I use to ride the bike trails around lake Georgetown and would see women running or walking them on occasion. Always thought it could be a dangerous place for a woman(or man for that matter) if the wrong people were there.

Comment

It would be nice to get closure for the family.

Comment

Such a tragic event. I remember it like it was yesterday. Prayers for the family and that they get closure. Who ever is responsible for her disappearance will pay for it in this life or the next.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                Hope they get closure on this. I wonder where her parents house was in Georgetown? I've always wondered where she was jogging. I use to ride the bike trails around lake Georgetown and would see women running or walking them on occasion. Always thought it could be a dangerous place for a woman(or man for that matter) if the wrong people were there.
                If I remember correctly she was around the 3405 area when she was running. Not 100% on that as its been awhile. I hope they finally come up with something I know they questioned alof of people last year that lived and went to school in Gtown. They even did some digging in several places.

Comment

Hope they get the family some closure

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    If I remember correctly she was around the 3405 area when she was running. Not 100% on that as its been awhile. I hope they finally come up with something I know they questioned alof of people last year that lived and went to school in Gtown. They even did some digging in several places.
                    Yes. She was jogging near 3405. I was glad to see them re-open this case and hope the family gets some answers. Sad deal for sure.

Comment

Amen for the family's closure. It has been a long wait for something positive.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                        Acreage neighborhood on the N side of 3405

Comment

Subdivision across 3405 from Russell Park road. I hope for the family somebody comes forward. I have dealt with her boyfriend when I was working cases in Austin and WILCO always want to come and take another run at him every chance they got

Comment

Horrible, hope it gets solved.

Comment

2 blocks behind my house. My buddy actually bought there old house without knowing it was there house. Sad stuff. This needs to get solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X