No announcement yet.

Raises and bonuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our company is targeting to have about a 10% bonus (some will get more, some will get less) and we are starting the process of determining what raises will be given out in January.

Eagle

Comment

Grateful to be in an industry where Covid has had zero impact. In fact, in 20 years, it’s probably been our biggest year yet. I received my bonus about a month ago. Haven’t had a raise in a few years, so I’m not sure what to expect there, but plenty of perks keep me from asking for a raise.

Comment

Self employed, been thinking about giving myself a pay cut, been a terrible year. Been hesitant because my employee made about 25% more than me last year while working less hours of course....Have had to put personal money back into the business, and out of that now too...made less money the last couple of years than I have in a long time....have gotten real busy in the last month so may be ok. Definitely no bonus for me. Not sure what to do about employee.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Self employed, been thinking about giving myself a pay cut, been a terrible year. Been hesitant because my employee made about 25% more than me last year while working less hours of course....Have had to put personal money back into the business, and out of that now too...made less money the last couple of years than I have in a long time....have gotten real busy in the last month so may be ok. Definitely no bonus for me. Not sure what to do about employee.
          At least being self employed you only have to work half days.

Plus you get to choose which half of the day. [emoji16]

I kid. Sounds like a tough spot but remember, tough times don't last.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            The state people I have worked with getting arbor day , valentines day, st patricks day and anything else you can think of off I dont see the need for raises. Must be nice to have a handful of paid holidays off every month
            You don’t know what your talking about. My wife works for the state. State employees do get Texas holidays; LBJs birthday, Texas Independence Day, etc.,but only if they fall during the week. Also they don’t get all federal holidays.

Comment

I work in the wood products industry for a large company with lots of mills. If you have bought any lumber or panels this year you know how well that business is doing. Our company pays our annual profit sharing and we are having a record year. Also, our CEO just announced that because we have worked so hard to prevent covid from affecting our work force to the point that we didn't have to shut mills down due to manning, we will be receiving a $1000 bonus applied to our next paycheck. Of course the flip side of this is that we are going out with a bang- our company was bought by an even bigger wood products company and from what little I have been able to find out the profit sharing and 401k matching will be history once the new company takes over sometime in the first quarter of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                You don’t know what your talking about. My wife works for the state. State employees do get Texas holidays; LBJs birthday, Texas Independence Day, etc.,but only if they fall during the week. Also they don’t get all federal holidays.

What federal holidays do they not get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went the last ten years of may career wit one annual raise and that was a market correction.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

With a company merger in March. I feel fortunate that we were able to negotiate a new five year contract in April. We will get a raise every year of the contract, but being union we are not eligible for a bonus. They have not changed our 401 k match or retirement and said they would not change anything through 2021.

Comment

State employee here... what that means is we see very little raises when we do, no cost of living in idk how many years... to answer the question, no we are not getting raises.

It was tough to have grown men cry in my office when I told them all year they were doing outstanding then have to tell them they won’t get a raise. Covid sucks.

Comment

Kudos to Dale!

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I distributed bonuses about July when half the country was looking for an excuse not to go to work, and my people had never missed a day. Hopefully I can do something more for them before Christmas.
                        You are a GOOD BOSS SIR!

Comment

I got $27.07!

Comment

You guys should all go start your own business. It’s great you get to make all the rules. You could give yourself all the bonuses and raises you wanted.

Comment

Grateful that this year was a record breaking year in turfgrass sales, we were able to give all employees bonuses, we would be nothing without them.

Comment

I got a lump sum in lieu of a raise earlier this year. That was a good thing since I was laid off in July. Just got word this week that I made a small bonus (prorated based on months worked) so I'm twice blessed this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X